𝙙𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙨 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙗𝙚𝙨𝙩

Turns out a lot had happened the night of the final task

Turns out a lot had happened the night of the final task. Not only did cedric die, and the dark lord return, but it turns out professor moody was actually barty crouch jr. Crazy, right? Also, igor karkaroff had run off to who knows where. Harry had spent the night in the hospital wing, so I was able to avoid him. But when he came back to gryffindor tower I would catch him sneaking looks at me. That made me very nervous.

But now, it was the end of the year feast. Meaning I'll be going home to whatever tomorrow.

Dumbledore stood from his seat in the great hall. Black drapes hung around the room instead of this years winner of the inter house championship. "The end of another year." His eyes fell upon the hufflepuff table. "There is much that I would like to say to you all tonight, but I must first acknowledge the loss of a very fine person, who should be sitting here, enjoying our feast with us. I would like you all, please, to stand, and raise your glasses, to cedric diggory."

Benches scraped from around the room. I grabbed my goblet off the table, raised it and chorused along with the others. "Cedric diggory." We all sat back down.

"Cedric was a person who exemplified many of the qualities which distinguish hufflepuff house. He was a good and loyal friend, a hard worker, and valued fair play. His death has affected you all, whether you knew him well or not. I think that you have the right, therefore, to know exactly how it came about." Dumbledore took a deep breath. "Cedric diggory was murdered by lord voldemort."

A panicked whisper erupted in the great hall. I looked over to the slytherin table, and shared a look with xavier, who had giant bags under his eyes.

"The ministry of magic," Dumbledore continued once it was silent again. "does not wish me to tell you this. It is my belief, however, that the truth is generally preferable to lies, and that any attempt to pretend that cedric died as the result of an accident, or some sort of blunder of his own, is an insult to him memory."

I looked over to draco, who was muttering something to crabbe and goyle. He was also nervous, he just didn't show it.

"There is somebody else who must be mentioned in connection with cedric's death." Harry and I made eye contact for a split second, before I looked away. "I am talking, of course, about harry potter. Harry potter managed to escape lord voldemort. He risked his own life to return cedric's body to hogwarts. He showed, in every respect, the sort of bravery that few wizards have ever shown in facing lord voldemort, and for this, I honor him."

The hall mimicked dumbledore as he raised his glass and muttered harry's name.

When everyone had once again resumed their seats, dumbledore continued, "The triwizard tournament's aim was to further and promote magical understanding. In the light of what has happened - of lord voldemort's return - such ties are more important than ever before. Every guest in this hall, will be welcomed back here, at any time, should they wish to come. I say to you all, once again - in the light of lord voldemort's return, we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided. Lord voldemort's gift for spreading discord and enmity is very great. We can fight it only by showing an equally strong bond of friendship and trust. Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open. It is my belief - and never have I so hoped that I am mistaken - that we are all facing dark and difficult times. Some of you, in this hall, have already suffered directly at the hands of lord voldemort. Many of your families have been torn asunder. A week ago, a student was taken from our midst. Remember cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right, and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of lord voldemort. Remember cedric diggory."