𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣

After care of magical creatures, I hurried to catch up with harry, ron and hermione as they started towards herbology

"I just wish hagrid would hurry up and get back, that's all." Harry said in a low voice. "And don't say that grubbly plank woman's a better teacher!"

"I wasn't going to." Hermione replied calmly.

"Because she'll never be as good as hagrid."

"What's going on?" I asked.

"Harry's worried about hagrid and malfoy made a comment about him during the lesson." Hermione said.

"Of course. Harry, just ignore draco, okay? He's just trying to get under your skin as always."

He shrugged. "Sure."

The doors of the nearest greenhouse opened and some fourth years walked out of it, including ginny.

"Hi." She greeted brightly as she passed.

A few seconds later, luna lovegood emerged, trailing behind the rest of the class, a smudge of dirt on her nose and her hair tied in a knot in the top of her head. When she saw harry, she made a beeline straight towards him.

Luna took a deep breath and then said, without so much as a preliminary hello. "I believe he who must not be named is back, and I believe you fought him and escaped him."

"Er - right." Harry said awkwardly.

Lavender and parvati were both giggling, pointing at her.

"You can laugh," Luna turned to them, her voice rising. "but people used to believe there were no such thing as the blibbering humdinger or the crumple horned snorkack."

"Well, they were right, weren't they?" Hermione said impatiently. "There weren't any such thing as the blibbering humdinger or the crumple horned snorkack."

Luna gave her a look and flounced away. Lavender and parvati were not the only ones hooting with laughter now.

"Do you mind not offending the only people who believe me?" Harry asked hermione, sending me a look.

Hermione must not have seen the look as she walked into class. "Oh, for heavens sake, harry, you can do better than her. Ginny's told me all about her. Apparently, she'll only believe in things as long as there's no proof at all. Well, I wouldn't expect anything else from someone whose father runs the quibbler."

I nodded my head. "She's all sorts of crazy."

"I want you to know, potter," Ernie macmilian said in a loud, carrying voice. "that it's not only the weirdos who support you. I personally believe you one hundred percent. My family has always stood firm behind dumbledore, and so do I."

"Er - thank very much, ernie." Harry seemed to feel uncomfortable.

I narrowed my eyes at the hufflepuff. "How come I don't believe you, macmilian?"

"Because you're just like the rest of your family. Superstitious and dangerous. Tell me, how is you-know-who? What's he like?"

I stared him down. "I think you should find your seat, before I find it for you."

~

Once all the classes were done for the day, I followed the trio back up to the castle for dinner.

"Oi, potter!" We heard an angry voice yell when we barely reached the entrance hall.

I looked over my shoulder and saw angelina storming up to us. She did not look happy.

"What now?" He muttered, turning to face her.

"I'll tell you what now." She said, marching straight up to him and poking him hard in the chest with her finger. "How come you've landed yourself detention for five o'clock on friday?"

"Angelina, that's none of your business." I tried to turn harry away.

"Actually, it is my business!"

"What?" Harry looked confused, and then it hit him. "Oh, yeah, keeper tryouts!"

"Now he remembers!" Angelina snarled. "Didn't I tell you I wanted to do a tryout with the whole team, and find someone who fitted in with everyone? Didn't I tell you I booked the quidditch pitch specially? And now you've decided you're not going to be there!"

"Jesus, angelina, calm down." I said.

"I didn't decide not to be there!" Harry said. "I got detention from that umbridge woman, just because I told her the truth about you-know-who."

"Well, you can just go straight to her and ask her to let you off on friday." Angelina decided fiercely. "And I don't care how you do it. Tell her you-know-who's a fragment of your imagination if you like, just make sure you're there!" With that, she stormed away.

"You know what?" I turned to harry, ron and hermione. "I think we'd better check with puddlemere united whether oliver's been killed during a training session, because angelina seems to be channeling his spirit. Only worse."

They laughed.

"What do you reckon are the odds of umbridge letting you off on friday?" Ron asked, as we sat down at the gryffindor table.

"Less than zero." Harry said glumly. "Better try, though, hadn't I? I'll offer to do two more detentions or something, I don't know... I hope she doesn't keep me too long this evening. You realize we've got to write three essays, practice vanishing spells for mcgonagall, work out a counter charm for flitwick, finish the bowtruckle drawing and start that stupid dream diary for trelawney?"

Ron moaned and looked up to the ceiling. "And it looks like it's going to rain."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "What's that got to do with our homework?"

"Nothing." Ron's ears started to turn red.

Hello... I'm so very sorry. I know this chapter had no point, but I needed to write something.