𝙙𝙧𝙖𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙥𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙚

I got up early with hermione the next morning, got dressed, and went downstairs and met up with the boys

I got up early with hermione the next morning, got dressed, and went downstairs and met up with the boys. They were halfway across the common room, so we ran to catch up with them.

"What's the matter?" I asked, once we caught up with the boys. "You look absolutely-"

"Oh for heaven's sake." Hermione cut me off.

I saw that she was staring up at the common room noticeboard, where a large new sign had been put up.

GALLEONS OF GALLEONS!

Pocket money failing to keep pace

with your outgoings?

Like to earn a little extra GOLD?

Contact fred and george weasley,

gryffindor common room,

for SIMPLE, PART TIME,

VIRTUALLY PAINLESS jobs.

(We regret that ALL work is undertaken at applicant's own risk.)

"They are the limit." Hermione said, taking down the sign, which fred and george had pinned up over a poster giving the date of the first hogsmeade weekend, which was to be in october. "We'll have to talk to them, y/n, ron."

Ron and I shared an alarmed look with each other. "Why?"

"Because the three of us are prefects! It's up to us to stop this kind of thing!"

Seeing that it was best not to argue with her, I looked back at harry. "Anyway, what's up? You look really angry about something."

"Seamus reckons harry's lying about you-know-who." Ron said when harry didn't respond.

Hermione sighed, and I knew exactly where she was going with this. I heard it all last night. "Yes, lavender thinks so too."

"Been having a nice little chat with her about whether or not I'm a lying, attention seeking prat, have you?" Harry snapped.

I looked at him, startled. "No. We told her to keep her big fat mouth shut about you, actually. And it would be quite nice if you calm down."

There was a short pause.

"Sorry." He said in a low voice.

"It's okay."

Hermione shook her head. "Don't you remember what dumbledore said at the last end of term feast? About you-know-who." I went stiff. "He said his 'gift for spreading discord and enmity is very great. We can fight it only by showing an equally strong bond of friendship and trust-'"