𝙝𝙖𝙜𝙧𝙞𝙙'𝙨

No one in gryffindor tower slept the rest of the night. We were all too terrified to even blink. We waited all night to hear if black got caught, only for professor mcgonagall to come back at dawn and tell us he had escaped. Sir cadogan's portrait was replaced by the fat lady, who's portrait was expertly restored, but was still extremely nervous. A bunch of surly security trolls had been hired to guard her, and they would pace the corridor in a menacing group.

Neville was no longer allowed to know the password. If he wasn't with anyone to go into the common room, he was forced to sit outside, and wait for someone to let him in. Mcgonagall almost banned him from all future hogsmeade visits and gave him detention. But none of those punishments came close to matching the one his grandmother had in store for him. Two days after black's break in, she sent neville a howler. And this is where this chapter starts.

"I'm going to ask professor dumbledore if you can stay in the slytherin dorms."

I stopped walking, and stared at xavier. "You're joking, right?"

He stopped aswell, and furrowed his eyebrows. "What?"

"I'm not staying in the slytherin dorms with pansy parkinson."

"But I don't want you to stay in the gryffindor common room while black is still out on the loose. He's already been in the castle twice, and he finally got into the gryffindor common room. It's not safe for you."

"And yet, you didn't do this last year, when a basilisk was running around the school, petrifying everyone."

"That's because it was only m-"

"You better choose your next word carefully, xavier." I warned.

"I was going to say muggle borns."

I rolled my eyes. "Mmm-hmm."

"I was, trust me. Oh, look. There's professor dumbledore, now." He walked off towards the headmaster.

"Xavier, don't you dare!" I raced after him.

"Professor dumbledore, may I speak with you, please?"

Dumbledore stopped, and smiled when he saw us approaching. "Ah! The diore siblings. How can I help you this fine morning?"

"I'm sorry, headmaster, but my brother is being an idiot right now." I said.

"No, y/n. I'm sure professor dumbledore will understand." He looked to the elderly man. "I don't feel comfortable knowing that y/n is in the gryffindor common room. I would feel much safer if she was with the slytherins."

"Again, professor, he's being dramatic."

Dumbledore laughed at us. "I understand your concern for your sister, mr. diore. But moving her is not necessary. I can assure you, with the new security measures in place, she will be completely safe where she's at."

I smirked up at xavier, and a muscle in his jaw twitched.

"Yes, sir." Xavier nodded his head once, and walked into the great hall for breakfast.

I smiled up to professor dumbledore. "I'm sorry, professor. He's been paranoid ever since the other day."

"As one brother should be."

"Well, I'll let you be, sir." I smiled to him once more, and walked towards the great hall.

"What we're you talking to dumbledore about?"

I jumped at the sudden voice. "Do you always have to sneak up on people, malfoy?"

"Only you." He winked. "What were you talking to dumbledore about?"