Tommy, Your Hufflepuff's Showing p.2

Chapter Summary:

A Hufflepuff is patient

****

Tommy was in a greenhouse, tending to a few plants that Professor Shrub—their Herbology teacher—told him to. It was mostly the Mandrakes that needed attention. Little things always needs attention. His ears perked up when he heard a loud scream coming from another greenhouse. 

"What the fuck?" Tommy dusted the dirt off of his black and yellow robes before heading towards the sound. He grabbed the greenhouse's doorknob and turned it, opening the door as gently as possible because if he remembered correctly, some plants in that greenhouse were easily disturbed. That scream probably set some of them off already.

Walking further in, he could faintly hear a familiar voice mumbling. He followed the noise, and spotted something red at the corner of his eye. Crouching down, he crawled over to the figure. "Big Q?" There, crouched under one of the tables, was one of the members of their little friend group.

"Tommy!" The older boy exclaimed. "Ya gotta help me, man!" He grasp the blond by his shoulders and slightly shaking him back and forth.

"Alright, alright, I'll fucking help you!" Tommy pulled Quackity's hands off of him. "What the hell's going on anyway?"

"You're a Hufflepuff right? So you're good at Herbology?" Quackity asked.

"First of all," Tommy started,  "that's a fucking stereotype...but yeah. I am good with plants."

"Perfect! Oh this is perfect!"

"Why?" Tommy asked, his voice raising a pitch. "Why is this 'perfect'?" He made quotation marks with his fingers.

"'cause there's a fucking plant that's out to fucking get me!"

A loud crash and the sound of pots breaking, came from the other end of the greenhouse. A blurs green and the chomping sounds filled the greenhouse. Tommy furrowed his eyebrows, "Why are the Chomping Cabbages after you?" The cabbages were pretty much behaved unless provoked, so them acting up was weird.

"I may or may not have knocked an entire row of them off the table," Quackity mumbled. 

"Why would you do that Big Q?" Tommy semi-yelled.

"Hey you try getting your arm snacked on by a Fanged Geranium!"

"Shhhh," Tommy covered Quackity's mouth with his hand. "Do you want it to come to us?" He asked, in which Quackity responded to by shaking his head. Tommy let Quackity free before standing up.

"What are you doing?" Quackity asked, alarmed.

"Catch them," Tommy said with the most casual tone Quackity has ever heard. These plants were in the fifth year curriculum, Tommy was just a fourth year, how would he handle them. Quackity watched from a safe distance. Tommy stood there, a potted cabbage just across him. 

"Hey little guy," Tommy said, crouching in front of the plant. It acknowledged him by snapping its mouth at his direction, but Tommy paid no mind. "C'mon, you wanna go back on the table don't you?" 

The plant hopped around some more, a little more aggressively this time, prompting the other cabbages to be more feral. Tommy could feel his eye twitching a bit because of the plant's little tantrum, but instead of yelling and provoking them even more, he took a deep breath. 

"Come on, you want to get up on the table, yeah?" Tommy asked. "You'll get more light there," he said. It wasn't true, the table was no different from the floor, but these plants were valuable so they had to be safe on the table.