Henry Goes Missing

Chapter Summary:

Phil knew that taking care of children was hard, but taking care of magical ones was harder. He is reminded of this fact when WIlbur and Techno was pulling some sort of joke on Tommy and ends up losing Tommy's stuffed cow, Henry.

Note: Techno and Wilbur are 8, Tommy is 6. 

***

It has been a year since Phil had officially adopted Tommy, and two since Techno and Wilbur. Phil knew that taking care of children was going to be hard, but when considering the circumstances that he had found these three, he couldn't help but take them in so that he knows that nothing bad would ever happen to them again.

But one of the things he could do without is a child's accidental magic. Especially one as strong as Tommy's.

***

"Oh come on Tommy," Wilbur said. "It's just a stuffed cow."

Tommy just looked up at the brunet and started sobbing harder.

Techno groaned, "This is all your fault," he told his younger twin.

"My fault?" Wilbur snapped back. "If I remember right, you were the one with the great idea of taking the stupid toy."

"Yeah, but I didn't think you'd lose it!"

"Wilby! Give me Henry!" Tommy whined. "I want Henry!"

"We—We're working on it," Techno said, crouching down to the blond's height. "Stop crying okay Toms? Wilbur just...kinda lost Henry and we have no clue where he is, but we're going to look okay?"

"I want Henry now!" Tommy screamed, making the windows shatter. 

"Boys! What's going on here?" They hear Phil say from the front yard. He opened the door, "I could hear Tommy—"

Phil was interrupted by Tommy screaming again, throwing a tantrum. His maxed out emotions, making his magic unstable and causing the plates and glasses to break and the ground to begin shaking. "Tommy—" Phil went to console the child but froze—"Tommy where are you?"

The blond was nowhere to be found. Wilbur and Techno immediately went around the house, frantically trying to find their younger brother. "What happened?" Phil asked as he search the house, trying not to fall over as the ground has not stopped shaking. 

"Techno wanted to get back at Tommy for stealing his stuff!" Wilbur started.

"So we went and got Henry, but Wilbur lost it!" Techno continued.

"You two know better than to do that!" Phil scolded the two. "I've told you how important Henry is to Tommy, and how we need to make sure emotions don't get the better of him or this—" he gestured at their surroundings—"happens! His accidental magic is too strong!"

The shaking of the ground stopped. "Tommy's not in the house anymore," Phil stated, before heading towards the stairs. In his bedroom, Phil grabbed a compass from a drawer. It was an enchanted compass that was linked to the necklaces—that he had given the boys—using a tracking charm. He took out his wand and set the compass to track the necklace that Tommy was wearing.

"Accio!"

Phil waited for a while until a stuffed cow came tumbling in the air going his direction. He caught the toy with ease and proceeded downstairs.

"You two," Phil said, pointing at Techno and Wilbur, "stay here and clean up." He grabbed his robe. "I'm going after Tommy."

Phil left the house and set off to the direction that the compass was pointing at. He kept looking around for signs of the blond boy, but there was none. It was odd. the compass said that Tommy was supposed to be in the area, but he still can't find him.