Ranboo's Debut

Chapter Summary:

Ranboo's first official Quidditch game is on Friday, and boy was he nervous. Luckily he has good friends that are willing to help him prepare.

****

When Niki walked into the Great hall that morning, she was not expecting to see Ranboo half sprawled on the table. "Umm, did something happen?" 

Tommy, who was sat next to Ranboo, had a huge grin plastered on his face. "Guess who's playing on Friday's Quidditch match," he said. 

Niki put two and two together and let out a happy gasp, "Ranboo! You're finally getting a chance to play?" She took a seat in front of said boy, leaning her head down, trying to see his face, which was planted on the table.

"Yeah," came the muffled reply. Ranboo sighed before lifting his head and facing the girl across him. "Our Captain told me like literally a few minutes ago. Apparently, our Keeper dipped last minute, says he has stuff to do."

Tommy let out a laugh, "Why are you acting so dejected, man? I thought you wanted to play."

"I do," Ranboo said. "This is just the nerves, ya know."

"I don't," Tommy said with a straight face. "Nerves are for pussies and I ain't one."

Ranboo looked at Niki and sent her a 'can you believe this guy?' look. Niki chuckled, "Hey, if your that nervous, you can always get in some last minute practice," she said. "It's only Wednesday, you have enough time."

"Yeah," Tommy said. "We have a team practice this Thursday, and if you stop bitching around maybe Niki and I can drag some of our friends to get you even more practice."

Ranboo let out a sigh, "Yeah, okay."

So Tommy and Niki did just that. They went around asking the people who were part of their little friend group who was available an hour before dinner, and they agreed to meet at the Quidditch Pitch. 

When Ranboo arrived at the pitch, an arm wrapped around his shoulders and he was pulled downwards. "Yooo, dude! I heard you we're playing next game!" Fundy exclaimed as he ruffled the taller one's hair. 

Ranboo let out his own chuckle, "You do realize that we are on opposite teams, right?"

"Yeah, so?" Fundy asked, letting Ranboo free. "I mean there's no rule that I can't root for two teams." He shrugged. "Besides, I was down for a game of Quidditch. I may not be on the team, but I know how to shoot my Quaffles."

"Alright, gather around bitches!" A collective groan was made by everyone as they circled Tommy. "We only have seven players, not enough for two teams but we'll work with it."

"How exactly?" Punz raised his hand from behind the crowd.

"I figured we can have two chasers each team, one beater each, and the only hoops that we'll be aiming at will be the ones Ranboo will be guarding," Niki suggested.

"That's fair," Sapnap shrugged his shoulders. 

"Did you guys borrow the Quidditch balls?" Quackity asked.

"No," Tommy dragged the word out. "I'm banned from borrowing those after I nearly lost the snitch, but! I did manage to get Wilbur to use his prefect status to borrow one." Tommy summoned the box that contained the balls.

"Okay so, chasers are Niki and Fundy then Punz and me," Tommy said throwing the Quaffle towards Niki. "Beaters are Sapnap and Quackity, Big Q you're with us," He handed them the two bats. "And Ranboo, your keeper, obviously."

Once the equipment was passed around, everyone mounted their brooms and went to position. "We're going to play for an hour, so we can still have time for dinner," Niki said before releasing the Quaffle.