I Get To Be Captain!

Summary:

Puffy is called to the headmaster's office. Is she in trouble? Probably, but hey, it's not like she can just not go. Who knows, maybe the headmaster has good news?

***

"Puffy," A professor called for the girl who was currently messing with her hair color.

Puffy perked up and stopped changing the color of her hair, making it stick to brown, "Yes professor?" She asked.

"The headmaster is looking for you," the professor said. 

Puffy chuckled nervously, "Am I in trouble?"

The professor hummed, "That depends, did you do anything to get you in trouble?"

Puffy thought back to two hours ago when she used her metamorphmagus abilities to transform her looks into that of the seventh year Quidditch captain to get permission to borrow the Quidditch set, one where they lost the snitch during their game. "No," she said. 

"Then there's nothing to worry about," the professor said. "Now, if you'd go and see him."

"I will," Puffy said as she stood up from her seat. "Thanks professor!" 

Puffy ran along the halls of the castle, and up to the headmaster's office. Once in front of his door, she knocked and was let in by a gruff "Come in."

"You called for me, professor?" Puffy asked as she closed the door behind her. 

The headmaster was seated behind his desk, arranging the multiple rolls of parchment. "Ahh, yes, Puffy have a seat."

Puffy took a seat on one of the armchairs and watched as the headmaster fumbled with a certain roll of parchment, "Is this because to the snitch?"

"What?"

"Nothing."

"The Tri-Wizard Tournament is next school year," the headmaster started. 

"Wait, what?" Puffy asked in surprise.

"Yes, please do not tell anyone else," the headmaster said. "I'd still like it to be a surprise."

"Why are you telling me then?" Puffy asked.

"Well, next year you're gonna be a seventh year, and we need someone to man the ship on our way there," the headmaster said.

Puffy hummed, a smirk forming on her face, "You mean I get to man the wheel when we go to Hogwarts next year?" 

"Yes," the headmaster said.

"YES!" Puffy exclaimed, her hair changing color rapidly without her knowing.

"Now, I'm telling you this because we have to make sure that you can handle maneuvering a whole ship through rough waters, we never know how the weather is gonna be," the headmaster said. "So, tomorrow you are to report to Professor Rowe.:

Puffy gave him a salute, "Will do," she said.

"Alright, you are dismissed," the headmaster said.

"Bye professor!" Puffy said as she hurried down and straight to the Main Hall.

"Hey guys, guess what!" She exclaimed as she took a seat in front of a blond boy who was staring at his book—she would have said studying but she knew the boy enough to know that he was procrastinating—and another boy with dark hair who was building something with a deck of cards.

The boys in question jumped slightly at the other's excitement, "What?"

"I got called to the headmaster's office," Puffy said.