Have You Met Clementine?

Chapter Summary:

Tommy has a new friend and is excited to let people meet her.

***

Pets were fun to be with. There are those people who like toads, which Wilbur had back then when he was part of the Toad Choir. Then there are those, as Tommy likes to call them, are pussies, you know, cause they have cats. Real mature of him. Then there are owls, people like them because they're convenient—Tommy has mixed feelings about them because his own owl, Bertrude, acts like a stubborn girlfriend who only likes your company 'cause you put a roof on top of her head. 

Because of Bertrude's little attitude, Tommy has the urge to get a new pet. No, not another owl, are you insane? He wants himself a fuckin' Hippogriff!

Tommy knows that there was that one Hippogriff that likes to stray outside the forest. He'd seen her come out a few times, only for the Care for Magical Creatures Professor to lead the class away 'cause he says that they're dangerous. Which was probably true to some extent but Tommy said, "Fuck that shit," and went anyway.

So that lead us to where Tommy is right now. Near the entrance of the Forbidden Forest, carrying ferrets to feed the creature. The blond let out an excited gasp when he spotted the Chestnut colored Hippogriff walking around by the trees. Tommy had read about them, he wasn't stupid, he knew what to do. 

The Hippogriff tilted her head as she watched Tommy make aye contact and lower his body into a bow. The Hippogriff moved aggressively in front of the blond, attempting to assert dominance. Tommy's right foot moved back instinctively, but he stopped himself before he could sprint off, knowing that he'd probably die if he did so. The Hippogriff watched for a few more minutes—Tommy not breaking eye contact the whole time—before bowing back.

Tommy let a wide grin spread on his face before excitedly—yet cautiously—approaching the creature. He extended his right hand, waiting for the Hippogriff to make her move. 

Tommy chuckled when the Hippogriff leaned into his touch. He grabbed a ferret and fed it to the Hippogriff. "I knew you guys were cool," he said, sparkles in his eyes.The Hippogriff let out a soft screech before leaning down and nabbing another ferret from Tommy. "Alright, alright, hungry are ya?" Tommy threw another ferret towards the Hippogriff—who caught it easily and gobbled it up. 

The Hippogriff let out a happy screech before leaning down and nuzzling her head on Tommy's mid-section. Tommy smiled and gently ran his fingers through the animals feathers. "And they call you guys dangerous," Tommy scoffed. Probably should have phrased it better.

The Hippogriff let another screech out—this one sounding a bit offended—before pulling back from the teen. Tommy, realizing what was happening, raised his hands in the air in surrender, "I meant that as a good thing! You guys are so awesome, but the Professors here are a bunch of pussies and won't let us appreaciate that!" The Hippogriff stopped mid-slash, and lowered her talons.

Tommy let out an awkward laugh, "Are we, like, good?" He asked. The Hippogriff let out a screech, which Tommy understood as a yes. He smiled and continued to pet the creature, "You know, I've always wanted to have—be friends with a Hippogriff." He wanted to say pet, but realized that it might offend her.

 "Do you have a name or something?" Tommy asked. She shook her head no, which was expected,but he had to ask. "Ohh, can I name you?" He asked. "I promise I won't give you a half-arsed name!" The Hippogriff stared at the boy, probably thinking, before nodding. 

"Clementine!" Tommy said, making the Hippogriff screech again."Oh come off it, Clementine is a good name—" another screech—"Yes it is!" 

Their little banter lasted a while, Clementine eventually giving up. "Yes!" Tommy exclaimed. "I can't wait for the others to meet you!"