The Little First Year

Summary:

Tubbo and Ranboo find a younger student being picked on, so they decided to help him. This eventually led to them being attached to the little first year.

***

"Ranboo," Tubbo whispered in the boy's ear, disturbing the boy from reading. "Ranboo," Tubbo repeated, this time in the other ear. 

"Are you trying to get kicked out of the library?" Ranboo asked, not looking away from the book.

"I'm bored," Tubbo complained as he took a seat beside the taller boy. "Can we go now?"

"Have you finished the homework?"

"No, but—"

"Then no," Ranboo said.

Tubbo narrowed his eyes at the other, "Why do you have to be the reasonable one?" 

Ranboo huffed out a laugh, "Well, someone has to be."

"I can be reasonable," Tubbo insisted. "I just don't want to be."

"And that's why you're not," Ranboo said, closing his book. "Alright, I'm done with this place. If you wanna bail, let's go."

"Ha!" Tubbo laughed as he and Ranboo left the library.

They were heading to the courtyard, but on their way they hear mocking voices in a nearby hallway. It was one of those paths that no one really liked taking 'cause they say it was near the classroom that a lot of students died during a party in the past because of some curse.

Tubbo and Ranboo could hear whimpering, and they could not just stand there and do nothing about it.

Once they were near enough, they could see there were three third years surrounding a little boy who was down on the floor, covering his head and whimpering.

"Hey!" Tubbo yelled, his wand already out and pointed.

"Get away from him!" Ranboo said.

"Shit, upperclassmen," one of the kids said before their whole group up and went away.

"Hey, are you alright?" Ranboo crouched down to meet the younger one's height. He was small, had black hair with pink tips which were tied in small pigtails on the side of his head, and he was wearing Gryffindor robes.

The boy gave a small whimper, before pulling out a quill and some parchment.

"Yes. Thank you for helping me."

"No problem," Tubbo said observing the boy. "I think you're gonna want to go to the Hospital Wing so those bruises don't stay."

"I don't know where that is."

Ranboo read what the boy wrote, "Are yoh are first year?" The boy nodded. "Yeah, that explains it. Even we get lost sometimes."

"C'mon, we'll take you there uhhh," Tubbo trailed off. "What's your name?"

The boy looked back down at his parchment and started scribbling letters, "Michael."

"Nice to meet you, Michael," Tubbo said. "I'm Tubbo. This is Ranboo," he gestured to the taller boy.

After their small introduction, the two fourth years lead Michael to the Hospital Wing.

"Oh goodness, what happened here?" Madam Posy asked as she gestured for the boy to sit on one of the beds.

"We're not really sure, but a couple of third years were picking on him," Ranboo explained.

Madam Posy sighed, "Well, let's see those wounds then," she said summoning a salve from her cabinet.