And Then I Got Kids! (Part 2)

Summary:

Phil, once again, gets an urgent letter from the Ministry, asking for backup.

Warnings! Implied/Referenced Abuse and Neglect.

***

"Thomas! For the last time what did we say about that freak stuff that you do?" Tommy's father yelled.

"Not to do it," Tommy mumbled.

"Exactly," his father started. "Now, explain to me why there are floating furniture when your mother and I got home."

"I—I didn't mean to," Tommy said, flinching when his father slammed his fist on the kitchen table. "Please don't hurt me," he said in a quick and quiet tone.

"I'm not gonna hurt you," his father reassured. "We're way past that point," he said exactly as Tommy's mother came down the stairs holding a small bag.

She threw it down by Tommy's feet. "Out," she said simply.

"Wh—what?" Tommy asked, tears pooling in his eyes as he grabbed the small bag by its strap.

"I said out! I am not taking care of a freak like you. I thought maybe if we train you hard enough, you'll keep that weirdness out, but no, you just have to fuck up don't you?" His mother yelled as he dragged Tommy by his arm and—quite literally—throwing him out of the house, into the snow, at night.

Tommy sat up and looked behind him, just in time for his mother to slam the door shut. "Mum? Dad?" He called out, only to be met by the silence.

Tommy stood up with shaky legs. He opened his bag, searching for something—anything, that could possibly keep him warm. Bad news was there were literally two items in his bag. Good news, one of them was his blanket. It's as if his mother grabbed the only two items on the top of his bed in the attic. Tommy wrapped the thin blanket around himself before pulling out a cow plush from the bag.

"Hi Henry," Tommy greeted the plush, before making his way towards the park—it was the only thing he could think of. He clutched Henry closer to himself. He loved the plush with all his hear. Everyone in that house was scary, but Henry was very nice. Henry would let Tommy rant about how bad his day was without telling him how annoying he was. 

When Tommy reached the park, he took a seat at a nearby bench under a tree. "Mum and Dad will come look for us, right, Henry?" Tommy asked the plush. "Right?" His voice cracked, tears slipped from the corner of his eye, and the next thing he knew, his sniffles have evolved into sobs. The calm, cold weather of the night, turning into something violent.

***

Techno and Wilbur, now 7 years old, were hanging around the living room when a bird swooped inside the house startling the kids, before turning back into a familiar face.

"Dadza!" Phil chuckled at the nickname that Wilbur, and sometimes Techno, would call him. 

"You're were a bird," Techno said in disbelief, setting his book aside and instead walked closer to Phil. 

"Birdza!" Wilbur exclaimed, metaphorical sparkles visible in his eyes.

Phil let out a hearty laugh, "Yeah, didn't you two know? I'm an Animagus."

"Animongoose?" The two tilted their heads.

"No, no, A-ni-ma-gus," Phil repeated the word, syllable by syllable. "It means I can transform into an animal."

"That is so cool!" Wilbur exclaimed.

"Can we do that?" Techno asked.

"Maybe when you're older—you know, when you can actually do magic," Phil laughed.