Code-name "Slime"

Summary:

A look into Charlie "Slime" Slimecicle's life as a "super secret agent" for the Ministry.

***

Charlie was a super secret agent that went by his made up code-name "Slime". Well, secret agent wasn't exactly what's written in his legal records but come on, who'd want to be called a "Lurker"? That sounds like a creepy old man hanging out in alleyways past 9 pm. 

Anyway, he was an Auror that specializes in gathering information. Like right now. He was going around Diagon Alley looking for suspicious activity. He stood on one of the shop's roof, out of sight. He spots two hooded figures near an alleyway, muttering something to each other. Despite having glasses, Charlie has very sharp eyes, enough that he can spot that the two exchanged...something. The two began separating ways and he had to move.

Now, Charlie was one person, but there's a reason why he is the best at his job. 

Pulling out his wand, Charlie pointed it to his index finger and he muttered a spell under his breath. The tip of his index finger became a slimy green blob that dropped down to the ground. Once separated, his finger became normal—a bit shorter than before, but nothing too noticeable. 

Charlie smirked before crouching down, "You follow that one, yeah?" he pointed to one of the figures. "I'll go to you once I finished dealing with the other guy," he said. The little slime gave him a salute and went on his way.

Charlie chuckled, "See ya little buddy," he waved before grabbing his broom and enchanting a Disillusionment Charm, blending both him and the broom with the surroundings, allowing him to follow the figure without getting spotted in the sky. 

"Stop! Suspicious figure!" Charlie excliamed as he dropped in front of the person—in an abandoned alleyway—wand pointing at them. He heard them grunt in annoyance and take out their wand. 

The hooded figure shot a spell. "Protego!" Charlie exclaimed, blocking the spell before launching his own "Arresto Momentum!"

The figure managed to avoid it, nearly dropping glass vials. They managed to catch it, hiding it back in his cloak before attacking again. The two went back and fort with their spells, trying to find an opening.

"Immobulus!" Charlie aimed at the hooded person, but they managed to dodge, casting a non-verbal spell back to. Charlie barely had any time to cast a shield spell but as he was concentrated, the figure managed to disappear—possibly had disapparated. 

"Fucking hell!" Charlie yelled, realizing he had lost a culprit. He let out a disappointed sigh before tracking down his little slime. This one got away but he'd split his body into more slimes if needed just to catch this other one. 

Charlie managed to track his slime to one of the potion shops in Knockturn Alley. He glanced at the display window and saw racks of cauldrons and brewing stands. There was a guy at the counter who appeared to be messing with some Galleons. 

The slime jumped up and down on Charlie's shoulder and whispered to him that the guy was the shop owner and was the same hooded person as before. Charlie thanked the slime and connected it back to his index figure. 

Charlie took a deep breath before busting the shop's door open, "Hands in the air motherfucker!" He yelled as he pointed his wand at the shop owner. 

"Woah, woah!" The guy raised his hands in the air. "What's your deal, man?" 

"Well," Charlie glanced a the name tag, "Connor. I just saw you have a suspicious exchange with a suspicious person!"

"Look, pal. If you're talking about the most recent exchange back at Diagon Alley,  I assure you everything that happened was completely legal," Connor said. 

"Oh yeah? Explain," Charlie said, wand not leaving it's mark, ready to immobilize the shop owner in case he bails. 

"I sold him one of them potions on the shelves that my parents make. They're all registered at the ministry," Connor pointed to the shelf, "The only reason that exchange looked suspicious is 'cause the kid didn't want anyone recognizing him," he explained.

Charlie hummed, "Which one did he get?" 

"Were out of stock right now, but it's a potion called 'Factorem Ignis'," Connor answered.

"What does it do?" Charlie asked.

"No clue."

"And you sold it? Just like that?"

"This is my parent's shop, I just work here dude."

Charlie sighed, "Fine, fine, but you're still coming to the Ministry with me for further questioning."

Connor shrugged, "Whatever you say. If my pay goes down, I'm charging you."

***

"Yeah, everything is legal. He can go," Charlie read what Callahan—one of the people who interrogates a person before going into court if found suspicious—wrote down. 

"Seriously?" Charlie asked.

"Although the ingredients are rarethe potions are legal. Shop location in Knockturn Alley is legal. The exchange is legal as it was requested by the buyer," Callahan wrote in the air with his wand.

"See ya." Connor pats Charlie's shoulder as he passed by. 

Charlie sighed, dejected. "How about the guy who bought the potion?" 

"Unless they break laws with the potion, they're pretty much in the clear." Callahan wrote. 

"What if they're planning to use it for something illegal?" Charlie pushed. "I mean, if you were an innocent guy and a Auror wanted to inspect you, will you disobey?"

"I mean, you did drop in front of them." 

"Okay, they may have been startled, but they continued to fight me. I tried immobilizing them and they threw back a fucking attack spell. They're really good at dueling by the way," Charlie said.

"Well, from what that Connor guy said, his client was pretty young, could be or could not be still in school, The NotFounds, they run a family potion shop and we asked them about the Factorem Ignis and they said that the potion wasn't usually used since the ingredients were rare," Callahan said. "They weren't familiar on what the potion actually did, but they said judging from the combination of ingredients it was potentially a dangerous potion."

"So can I investigate it?" Charlie asked. "I mean, it's potentially dangerous and the person who bought it was being really cautious at being not caught."

Callahan thought for a moment, "Fine. I'm gonna give you a go sign, but you gotta ask Phil about it too."

"Yes!" Charlie exclaimed. "Oh you have no idea how happy I am that I'm not gonna go out to search for a venue. I am horrible at hiding the fact that I am a wizard when I'm in the Muggle World."

"Yes, I could hear the Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes complaining from downstairs." Callahan gave him a look. 

"What can I say," charlie transformed his entire body into a slime, "I tend to slip." He pushed himself backwards, sliding along the floor, earning a sigh from Callahan.

+++++

I hope you guys enjoyed Auror Charlie with his little slime guys! Thanks for all your support on this series I really appreciate all your kind words :D

Again, for those who didn't know, the multi-chapter fic, Dark Era (Hogwarts AU) is already out! I suggest reading the last part of this series, Fundy's Prophecy, as it is a pretty important part!

Thank you for reading! Comments and suggestions are appreciated.

-LuminaStarCrest