Jellybur

Chapter Summary:

Wilbur noticed that Tommy had been hanging around with Sam a lot ever since the 7th year had defended Tommy from a few upperclassmen. He didn't like that though—no, he wasn't jealous, what are you talking about—so he was determined to win back his brother's affection! 

***

"Wilbur, you're gonna set someone on fire if you keep glaring at them like that," Techno said, not looking up from the homework he was doing. "And since we have magic, I don't doubt that you can." 

Wilbur shushed him as he kept staring at the duo who were sat two tables away from them in the library. "Have you noticed that Tommy's been with that green haired bloke a lot recently?"

"Why do you say 'green haired bloke' as if you didn't know who Sam is?" Techno looked up from his parchment to be faced with a stone faced Wilbur. Techno pushed Wilbur's circular glasses backwards so they won't fall. "Tommy told us right? Sam caught some guys picking on Tommy the other day and being the Head Boy that he is, dealt with them."

"Yeah, I know, but did you hear how he spoke about Sam?" Wilbur slumped on his seat. "Calling him 'cool'—" he made quotation marks with his fingers—"and shit."

Techno shook his head sideways. "I don't know about you Wilbur, but you're sounding kinda uhh jealous." He dipped his quill in the inkwell with a smirk on his face.

Wilbur scoffed, "Jealous? Why would I be fucking jealous?" Techno raised an eyebrow, challenging him to answer his own question. "Techno, really. Why would I care what the child does—why is he smiling like that?"

Techno turned around and saw Sam ruffling the blond's hair while Tommy was smiling and lightly leaning into Sam's hand. "I don't know Wilbur, maybe 'cause your not being affectionate enough?"

"Oh don't start affection with me Mr. I'm awkward with emotions," Wilbur crossed his arms across his chest. 

Techno shrugged his shoulder, "You do you Wilbur, but I'm just sayin'."

Wilbur huffed, still watching Tommy and Sam interact with a pout.

***

"Hey Tommy," Wilbur greeted as he sat down across Tommy who was eating with Tubbo, who was on the blond's right side, in the Ravenclaw table.

"Hey Wil, what're you doing here?" Tommy asked. 

"Just wanted to sit with you guys for a change," Wilbur said, "Why? You got a problem with that Tommy?" 

Tommy hummed, "No, 's just weird. Anyway, Tubbo—"

Wilbur felt Techno snicker beside him so he kicked him with his foot under the table. "So," he started. "Good job on your Herbology exam by the way, I heard you from Professor Shrub that you got one of the highest scores."

"Well duh," Tommy said. "Herbology's my best class, 'course I was gonna ace that."

Wilbur opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted. "Hey guys."

"SAM!" Tommy greeted the Ravenclaw who sat on his other side. 

"Hello Tommy," Sam said. "I heard you aced your Herbology test earlier."

"Yeah! I did," Tommy smiled."Did you know that's my favorite class?" 

"Oh really? Why?" Sam asked.

Wilbur sat there with a blank face, staring at Sam, Tommy's rambling all tuned out. We literally said the same thing! What the hell? "You know what guys, I think I'm going back to my table," Wilbur sighed before getting up. Not staying long enough to see Tommy's eyebrows furrow in concern.