The Best Friendships Form During Train Rides p.1

Series Summary:

They say that most friendships were formed in the Hogwarts Express, the most notable one being the Golden Trio's. Years later, this saying is still deemed true.

Chapter Summary:

Tommy goes to Diagon Alley with his brothers, but decided to separate from them and buy his own things. There he keeps seeing a brunet as he went around. You could imagine his surprise when he saw the same boy on the Hogwarts Express.

Note: Tommy and Tubbo are 11. Wilbur and Techno are 13, nearly 14.

***

"Tommy, hurry up!" Tommy hears Wilbur yell from the living room. "I'm coming!" The eleven year old rushed down the steps, nearly landing on his face when he got to bottom.

"Finally," Techno said, standing up from his seat. He grabbed some Floo powder and got into the fireplace. "C'mon." He gestured for Tommy to hop in with him.

"Why do I have to travel with you?" Tommy asked. "I'm literally eleven."

"Yeah, but last time, we let you do it," Wilbur started. "You ended up in Knockturn Alley."

"Diagon Alley," Techno said as he threw the Floo powder down and the were engulfed in flames.

"I'm sure loads of kids manage to end up in Knockturn Alley on their first time," Tommy said as he and Techno left the fireplace. "I mean Harry Potter did it, and he was twelve!"

"Well, you're not Harry Potter are you?" Wilbur said as he appeared.

"You're right Wil," Tommy said. "I'm better than Harry Potter!"

"...Sure," Wilbur said, placing it on the blond's head and ruffling it.

They arrived at Diagon Alley's main area. The place was pretty busy, seeing as September 1st is just around the corner. Tommy followed his brothers as they maneuvered around the crowd, Wilbur's hand around his shoulders so he wouldn't be swept away.

"Well, let's get you school robes first then," Techno said as he pushed the doors to Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions.

"Welcome! All three of you?" Madam Malkin asked.

"No, just him please." Wilbur lightly pushed Tommy forward.

"This way please," she said, leading him to the fitting room. "There's another boy getting robes for Hogwarts, I think he's your age," Madam Malkin said, entering the room and making Tommy stand on a stool while the floating dressmaking tools did their work.

Tommy looked to his left and found a brown haired boy looking at him. He opened his mouth to greet the boy, but he immediately looked away, so Tommy didn't bother. The two of them stood there in silence. Soon enough, the other boy's fitting was over and he was called over by—who he assume is—his parent.

A few more minutes lasted, and finally, Tommy has his own school robes. "Thank you," he said as he held onto the new clothes. He walked over to Wilbur and Technoblade who appeared to be talking with some school friends. Tommy was about to tell them that they had to get going, but an idea struck him and he decided against it. He can probably get his stuff on his own.

Quietly tip-toeing over to the door, he slipped pass the shop. Tommy pulled out the list that the school sent him and he looked it over. He perked up when his eyes saw 'wand'. All he needed to do was look for the wand shop. He looked around, there were no signs that say what he wants it to, so he had no choice but to ask for directions.

"Excuse me!" Tommy walked over to an older boy. He had brown hair and was wearing round white rimmed glasses. "Do you know where to get wands?"

"Oh, umm, Olivander's just down this road, then go left at the first turn that you encounter, you'll see the shop's sign immediately," he said. "Do you want me to go with y—"