Of Swings and Snow

Summary:

Dream gets bored being stuck in the mansion and decides to sneak out. He wandered off to a park where he meets a boy named Sapnap.

Set: Dream is 10, Sapnap is 9

***

Dream sat on his bed, staring as the clock as the pendulum swung from side to side. The clock let out a loud ding as it passed another hour. Dream groaned at the thought of being stuck in his room until his parent come home.

His parents left to meet up with a couple of friends to discuss business. They didn't want him and Drista to embarrass them in front of said friends, so they left them home. He and his sister were actually ecstatic about it, knowing they won't have to suffer listening to adults having small talk about taxes and politics.

Catch was, they weren't allowed out of their rooms unless necessary as their parents do not trust them alone around so many accident prone, expensive items. Dream doesn't get it, they weren't even alone, there were house elves, so it should be fine for them to leave the room.

A thought crossed Dreams mind and he dismissed it at first, but the longer he watched the clock tick, the more tempted he is. Not even two seconds later he was up, gathering blankets and tying them together. Was this gonna work? He doesn't know, but then again, it always worked in stories. So by the most logical conclusion, it must work for him too.

Dream hung one end down his window before tying the other end around the base of his bed frame. He grinned as he finished, only to be startled by a know on the door. "Dream!" His seven year old sister burst into the room.

Dream frantically tried to hide the makeshift rope, but all he was doing was tangling his hands in it. "What are you doing? Are you sneaking out?" Drista questioned.

"Please don't tell mother and father," Dream pleaded.

Drista hummed, thinking, "Can I have your dessert?"

"Yes, just don't tell."

"Two desserts!"

"This is bribery."

Drista was unimpressed, "Debby can you contact mot-"

Dream leaped forward and covered Drista's mouth with his hand, "Alright, fine! Two desserts!" Dream then pulled his hand away in disgust, "Did you just lick my hand?"

"It was a pleasure doing business with you." Drista did a small curtsy before rushing out of Dream's room.

Dream sighed looking back at his rope. Well, no backing down now, I guess. He thought as he tugged on the rope making sure it's secure before climbing down. It wasn't a smooth landing as the stories portray, Dream was pretty sure he would've broken a bone if he didn't hang on as tightly as he did.

He rubbed his hands on his shirt as he looked around for any house elves. Once the coast was clear, he headed out through the small gate hidden behind the hedge. Dream smirked as he successfully got out of the mansion, but immediately frowned when he realized he had no clue where he was going to go.

Dream has never actually gone out. His parents just apparate him and his sister to places if need be. So, amused he was. Dream went to look around, wandering. One place in particular caught his attention.

He walked closer to the green filed area, a park, if he remembers the books correctly. He arrived there and found it empty.

Odd. He was expecting more kids out. Instead he was met with an empty park. Near the middle was a playground.