Tommy Your Hufflepuff is Showing p.3

Chapter Summary:

Tommy is accepting.

Note: This is mainly during Tommy's Second Year. The bit at the end is during 4th Year.

***

Tommy had always been loud, energetic and outgoing. He's a natural at making friends—even if they found him annoying at first—and he doesn't care who it is as long as they haven't done any—as Tommy would say—fucked up shit. So when this new transfer student got sorted in his house, he decided to introduce himself to him.

"'ey," Tommy greeted the boy who was hanging out in the courtyard the day after the sorting. He had dual colored hair, one side was black the other was white. 

The boy jumped, accidentally hitting Tommy's arm with his hand as he spun around. "Sor—"

"Did you just fucking hit me?" Tommy exclaimed.

"No! No! I just—you startled me," the boy said. "Sorry. Here have a flower."

Tommy grabbed the purple flower from the boy, "Did you pick this from the plant box?" 

"No," the boy said, moving to cover up the flowers behind him. 

Tommy rolled his eyes, "I heard you transferred here, where from?"

"Durmstrang."

"What, you got kicked out or something?"

 "Uhh, not exactly. My parents wanted me to attend a school that's closer to home," the boy said.

"Oh, alright then," Tommy said. "My name's Tommy, by the way," he added.

"Ranboo," the boy said.

"Well, nice meeting you Ranbow," Tommy said, "see you around." He waved at the boy, flower still in hand as he walked away.

***

Tommy woke up early that Friday, he was going to try out for Chaser position in the Hufflepuff Quidditch Team. He was in the locker rooms, changing into try out uniforms when he noticed another second year. It was that transfer kid, what was his name? Ranbow?

"Hey!" Tommy called out to him. "Ranbow right?"

"Ranboo, actually," the boy said, timidly.

"Yeah, Ranboo, that's what I said," Tommy started. "Anyway, what are you trying out for?" He asked.

"Keeper—well, reserve keeper. You?"

"Chaser," Tommy sighed. "Doubt that I'll be getting in though. There's a lot of upperclassmen trying out," he eyed the older students.

"Not with that mentality," Ranboo said. "Wouldn't it be cool if we got in though. Two second years, youngest in the team."

Tommy huffed out a laugh. "Yeah, you know what? We're gonna crush this try outs!"

The captain eventually gathered everyone around, and the trial started. All Tommy had to do was to try and shoot the Quaffle in the hoop as many times as he could, out of the five shots that are given to him.

Tommy kicked off into the air, Quaffle under his arm, facing the Keeper. "Alright, you can do this Tommy," he hyped himself up.

He did what famous players that he saw play do, trying to imitate their flying, mix matching their techniques. This turned out to be successful as the Keeper was oh so obviously confused at how he flew. Tommy decided to take this opportunity and shoot, making his first goal.

He did the same tactic over and over until he managed to shoot four out of the five.

"Dude!" Ranboo exclaimed as he approached him. "You did great," he said, and leaned to whisper something, "not to spoil it or anything, but I heard the captain talking to himself, and it was mostly positive."