Tommy's Magical Achievements

Summary:

Basically, Tommy's achievements that he is really happy and proud about, and so are the people around him.

***

After getting ice cream from Florean's, Tommy, Techno and Wilbur made their way into the fireplace, transporting themselves back to their house. 

"We're back!" Wilbur announced.

"Welcome back boys," Phil greeted from the kitchen.

"You're home early," Techno commented as he sat down at the couch. 

"Yeah, we got let out early after five successful raids," Phil chuckled.

"Dad!" Tommy exclaimed, almost literally bouncing his way towards Phil.

"What is it bud?" Phil looked down at the eleven year old.

"Look, look!" Tommy pulled something out of his pocket, "I finally got my wand!" 

Phil let out a hearty laugh, "Did you now? Well, what's it made of?"

"Uhh," Tommy crossed his arms across his chest, closing his eyes, trying to remember what the guy at the wand shop said. "I  think it's Cedar with Phoenix feather core."

Phil smiled ruffling Tommy's hair, "Seems fitting," he commented, making the boy give him a beaming smile.

"I'm gonna do actual magic now!"

***

Now the first spells were always the hardest ones. Mostly because Tommy had no clue what he was doing.

"Swish and Flick," Professor Wittlemire said, demonstrating the wand movement.

Tommy tried imitating the movement.

 "Ow!" Tubbo exclaimed, shoving Tommy's wand away from his arm. "Careful with that," he scolded.

"Oh come on Big T," Tommy said, pulling back his wand, and shrugging. "You know what they say. Exaggerate your movements!"

"That's—No!" Tubbo laughed. "You don;t exaggerate if the actual movement is not exaggerated, you'll end up poking someone's eye out." He brought his hand to his arm. "Well, poke someone's arm off, in your case."

Tommy let out a frustrated sigh, "I don't get it," he whined.

"You're muggleborn," someone from behind them said. "You shouldn't be expecting much."

The statement made Tommy look away with furrowed eyebrows.

"Hey!" Tubbo said. "Shut it, will you? I don't see your feather in the air either." He placed a hand on Tommy's back, giving him comforting pats. "Don't worry, you'll get it big man," he encouraged.

Tommy let out a huff and nodded, "'course I will," he said, full of determination. 

He then went back to practicing the wand movements, looking closely at how Professor Wittlemire was doing it. 

"Wingardium Leviosa!" Tommy exclaimed as he tapped the feather with the tip of his wand. 

Tommy's head rose up as his eyes kept the feather in sight. He let out a gasp, one hand reaching over to Tubbo—shaking the brunet. "Tubbo! Tubbo! Look!"

Tubbo watched teh feather go higher and higher. "You did it!" he exclaimed before looking back at the blond. "The first one to get it too! Oh that's so cool!"

Tommy let out an awkward laugh, not being used to getting complimented, "I told you I could do it. I just had to be serious," he said looking away.