Wilbur's Valentine

Chapter Summary:

Wilbur is weird. That much was established.

***

It was February 14th, and like usual, Wilbur was still single. He had girls coming up to him, sure, but they just didn't click with him. That morning, the brunet walked out to the common room with a heavy sigh. He could already see the sappy couples sitting down on the couches, feeding each other chocolates and all that. Wilbur rolled his eyes at them, thinking Man, I wish I had a Valentine. 

He proceeded to look away from the couples and was about, when something caught his eye. He stopped in front of a glass boarder—one that was separating the common room with the waters of the Black Lake—to be honest, he nearly forgot that their common room was situated under the fucking lake. Wilbur tilted his head and smiled when he saw a salmon swimming around. Why was there a salmon in the lake filled with magical creatures, and a giant squid? He has no clue.

"Hi there," Wilbur said, waving his hand.

The fish seemed to have noticed him, so instead of swimming pass the glass, the fish came over to face Wilbur. It gave a few blubs—not that he could hear it—before wiggling a fin around.

Wilbur let out an excited gasp," Hold on, I'm going to you," he had said, making hand gestures as if the fish could understand them, before heading out of the castle. He probably should have gone to breakfast, but he was already late anyway so, to the lake he goes!

He stumbled at the rocks that were surrounding the lake, before sitting down at the edge and peering into the water. "Hello?" he called out.

Not even a minute later, he saw something orange swimming upwards. The fish stopped just below the surface, and swam around in circles.

"Aww, excited, are we?" Wilbur chuckled. "My name's WIlbur. Do you have a name?" Obviously she didn't but that would be rude to say off the bat. "No?" He said as the fish seemingly shook her head. "I'll call you Sally then! Sally the Salmon, quite catchy isn't it?"

The fish blubbed. 

"Well, Sally, would you mind being my Valentine today?" Wilbur asked. "You can say no of course, I'm not going to force you , especially since we just met."

Another blub.

"Great! Hold on, I'll— Accio!" He waited for a fish bowl to appear, and when he spotted it coming towards him, he caught it with ease. He had no idea where it came from, but the summoning spell managed to get it. Hopefully it wasn't in use.

"Come on now, Sally." Wilbur dipped the bowl in the lake while he gestured for Sally to swim in."There we go," he chuckled as he stood up, holding the fish bowl up to his face to look at his valentine.

"Wilbur!" He heard someone yell, making him look around. From a distance he could see someone wearing Gryffindor robes coming towards him. "Oh, hey Big Q," he greeted the younger.

"Wilbur, you gotta control your brother! He's been following me around since breakfast!" Quackity said, holding WIlbur by his arms. 

"What do you mean? Tommy's always a bit clingy bu—"

"No, not Tommy, Technoblade!" Quackity yelled. "He's been following me, and it is fucking terrifying."

Wilbur let out a chuckle, "Why would he be following you?"

"That's the problem, I have no idea why!"

"Well, I think you should go, Big Q," Wilbur said. "I see Technoblade coming this way."

"Oh, fuck," Quackity said, glancing behind him. "Tell him nothing," he said before running away to who knows where.

"Hello, Techno," Wilbur waved.