Chaser Down!

Chapter Summary:

It was Friday, meaning  the Hufflepuff vs Ravenclaw Quidditch match is today! Tommy vs Technoblade. It was supposed to be a fun game really, but accidents happen. 

****

Tommy yawned as he walked towards the Quidditch pitch wearing his black and yellow uniform,  broomstick in his hand. He let out a shuddered breath as the cold wind swept by. Entering the pitch, he saw his team captain waving him over.

"Alright," the captain—Noah—started. "This is no longer a practice match, so I better see you all doing your best!"

"'course, chief," Tommy leaned on his broom, with a smirk. "There's no way I'm losing to bitch boy Techno's team." 

"Alright! That's the spirit! Head out everyone!"

Tommy noticed Ranboo fidgeting with his broom as they walked out to the field, so he nudged the taller boy. "Relax Ranboo. It's your first official game? So what? You're gonna do just fine." 

"Hopefully," Ranboo laughed. "Oh hey, is that Phil?"   

Tommy looked at where Ranboo was pointing, which was by the Slytherin stands. There he saw Phil, who was wearing a green scarf, waving at him as he was sat beside Wilbur.

"Why the fuck is he wearing a green scarf?" Tommy said in disbelief. "Wilbur isn't even on the Quidditch team!"

"I think he's just staying neutral," Ranboo commented.

"That mo-fo, I told him he better be rootin' for me," Tommy whined. "Why is Phil like this," he sighed. 

"I want a fair, clean match, got that?" The referee said as their captain shook hands with Techno—Ravenclaw's captain. He saw Techno send him a mocking smirk, which he returned by narrowing his eyes at the older boy.

The players mounted their brooms and took off as the referee blew the whistle. Tommy went forward to get possession of the Quaffle. He was immediately surrounded by the Ravenclaw Chasers, so he pulled his broom so that he could fly upwards. Before the opponents could reach him, Tommy threw the Quaffle to another Hufflepuff Chaser. 

"TOMMY PASSES THE QUAFFLE AND WAS CAUGHT BY HUFFLEPUFF CHASER MIRANDA!" 

"MIRANDA PASSES TO NOAH BUT WAS CUT OFF BY A BLUDGER FROM TECHNOBLADE!!"

Tommy watched as the Quaffle was caught by a Ravenclaw Chaser. He internally cursed Techno for having enough strength to make Bludger fly so fast that it managed to cut off their passes. 

"RAVENCLAW CHASER MICHAEL TAKES AIM...HE SHOOTS AND..."

Tommy watched as the Quaffle headed towards the right hoop. He couldn't help but let out a proud huff of air. There is no fucking way that's getting in. Ranboo caught the ball easily despite being by the left hoop.

"YEAH! WE DON'T KNOW NOBODY!" Tommy cheered as Ranboo, who had a huge grin plastered to his face, passed the ball to him. 

"TOMMY TO NOAH BACK TO TOMMY—"

Tommy managed to fly pass the three Ravenclaw Chasers. He was nearing his shooting range, but the hand holding the broom quickly shifted to the right when Tommy heard a sharp whistle of air approaching. He managed to get out of the way just in time, the Bludger nearly hitting his shoulder. 

"TOMMY SHOOTS...POINTS TO HUFFLEPUFF!"

The game went on for another hour and a half. The Quaffle was passed around, teams scored, players almost get knocked off their brooms. So far, if Tommy could see the scoreboard correctly, they were in the lead. "Tommy!" He hears Noah call and pass the ball to him. Tommy struggled to catch it, but the important thing is, he caught it still.