Illusion

Valentine's POV

I gulped looking up at the hogwarts train.
It feels like I'm seeing it for the first time, it stood there proud and majestic. With its badge boldly encrusted into the middle.

Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillian

Never tickle a sleeping dragon

I always teased Draco about his name being in the Hogwarts crest, funnily enough.

"Come on we gotta go" Draco said pulling me onto the train.

I smiled heading to our compartment, well the slytherin compartment, bumping into Luna on the way.

"Hey Lu, do you wanna sit with me?" I asked brightly.

"Oh no your friends don't seem to like me very much" referencing the other slytherins, which had me rolling my eyes.

"It doesn't matter, I like you and you're my friend so come on" I smirked, gesturing for her to follow.
Luna shuffled behind me and Draco making some comment about how the warspurts are all around our compartment.

I held in a chuckle while Draco just looked at me weirdly.

"So Lu how was Christmas?" I asked politely.

"Oh it was quite alright, my dad made us this muggle food called 'pumpkin pie' are you familiar with it?"
Luna asked in her whimsical voice.

"Yes I have, it's very tasty....you absolutely must try blueberry and coconut pie" I exclaimed. She smiled and nodded in response.

Thus our conversation continued mainly of muggle food. Which was surprisingly fun. Actually anything Luna does seems fun.

I giggled when Draco groaned and laid his head on my lap. I gently ran my hands through his silvery locks. I'm pretty sure he fell asleep.
"You two seem to be very close" Lu stated.

I smiled looking down at Draco. "We've known each other since we were 11. We're basically siblings."

"Oh so you two have never you know...felt something for the other?" I choked on bare air at that question.

"No no no. I see him only as the big brother I never had. Besides I'm more into redheads" I winked.

Luna gave a silent laugh but otherwise said nothing.

Even thinking of Draco in that way, made me want to vomit. I love him, but as much as a best friend could.

Just then, I saw redheads walk down the compartment hall. Bowing my head, I tried to make myself small enough to be invisible. I wasn't sure what George and I was anymore. There isn't anything official as yet, just the thought of the has my heart pounding.

"Hey Luna" Fred peeked his head into the compartment door.
"Hello Fred Weasley" Luna replied in the voice she spoke with everything.
"Mind if I borrow Val for a minute,eh?"

"No not at all" Lu said politely.

I groaned bringing my hands to my face. What is this.

"Val please?" George asked.

I sighed but got up anyways. I really didn't want to have this conversation. I was dreading it actually, I just know something bad will be the outcome.

I walked outside following George to a private space which had no one.

"Yes?" I started.
"Um Val I uh" He stopped and cleared his throat nervously.

"Val I-" George begun but stopped once more.

"Just spit it out" I said irritatingly secretly nervous.