Astronomy Tower

Valentine's POV

"Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts. Now I'd like to say a few words before we all become too befuddled by our excellent feast. First I'm pleased to welcome professor R.J Lupin who's kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts, Good luck Professor" Dumbledore droned on throughout the assembly even mentioning about the 'dementors' which were the creatures on the train, apparently they'll be around for a while with the mass murderer, Sirius Black loose.

Everyone except the slytherins clapped for the Professor Lupin, we don't really clap for anyone really.
I turned around to hearing Draco asking Harry while laughing if he actually fainted on the train. I rolled my eyes and tugged his sleeve.
I turned around and tapped Harry on the arm.
"Harry are you alright?" He smiled at me. "Yea actually professor lupin saved me"
"Oh and sorry about Draco he's a bit of a child still" I muffled a laugh when Draco nudged my foot under the table.
I watched Harry now with a displeased look plastered on his face, then I turned to Draco.
"Hey I know we regularly meet at the Astronomy tower at 11 but can we go there an hour earlier? I need to talk to you about something important." I questioned.
He looked at me curiously and nodded. "Of course"

I decided I want to tell him everything . About George, what good is a best friend if you can't tell him stuff like this?

I looked down at my food, playing with the fork. I wasn't hungry, all I could think about was finally confessing my feelings to someone other than Pansy, it made me feel anxious.
I didn't feel Pansy was much of a friend to me now. She started hanging out with those girls. The ones that talk about you behind your back. I looked down at the beans I was eating.

But I've got Neville and Luna, not to mention Draco. I think I'll be alright.

^^^^^^^^^
I pulled my cloak tighter as the night air kissed my skin. I walked up the stairs towards the tower and sat at the bottom waiting for him.

"Hey sorry if I'm late" Draco said, sitting next to me.
"Yea by 5 minutes" I laughed.

"So let's start by talking about what you wanted to tell me"
"Promise me you get won't get mad" I asked worriedly. I knew how much he didn't like the Weasley's but I needed them to get along.
He nodded gesturing for me to continue. This is it all or nothing.

"I have a crush on George Weasley-"
"I know"
"And I knew you're going to get mad but please don- wait what?  You knew" I asked in disbelief.
"I mean come one it's not that hard to figure out, they way you stare at him"
"....like a creep" he joked.
"Hey" I pushed his shoulder.

"So you're not mad?" I asked hopefully.
He tapped his finger on his chin.
"Well I mean he's a Weasley and I think you could do much better than that, you're pretty, and very smart even more than that Hermione gir-"
I playfully hit him before he continued.

"Be serious" I said.
He shrugged. "I"m mad you didn't tell me at first but once he doesn't hurt you, I won't have to hurt him"

"Um Yeah about that...." I trailed off.
His blue eyes widened.
"Tell me"

Which had me blurting out the entire thing Fluffy told me, it had a lot of chocked sobs and tears.

Now Draco had me halfway on his lap rocking back and fourth and just hugging me. He could see how much this was bothering me.
"And-d i-i don't know what to do" I finished, starting up a new set of waterfalls. It hurt talking about it, but I wanted his advice and what he had to tell me.

"Shhh let it out"
"It's gonna be okay"
"Will it?" I questioned, tears blurring my vision.
"I didn't know you felt like this for him. I thought it was just a silly crush"
I just shook my head in response.

"Do you wanna try to talk to him maybe about it?" He seemed to force the words out of his mouth. Maybe because he realised it was a Weasley he was referring to.
I shook my head again.
"You said that the day you were in the hospital. You were sure you had a moment with him"
I shook my head again.
"I just don't wanna get hurt again"

"Maybe he loves her, you know?"
"Maybe he just sees me as a nuisance"

I sobbed even harder at that. I could feel Draco's body start shaking in anger. I knew he wanted to murder George for causing me this pain. But in all honesty, me and him were never together, he doesn't owe me an explaination or anything. I'm just too sensitive.

"Valentine?" I heard an oddly familiar voice call out. I groaned into Draco's shoulder. Merlin please no not now.
I don't want them to see me like this.
I was positive that's Fred's voice....and where he is George is definitely right behind him.

"Fred" I mumbled out just enough so he could hear me. I wasn't ready to leave Draco's caccoon of safety yet. I knew how the position we were in looked, in a way I was kind of glad he saw us. Make him think I could move on just so easily he did with Angelina.

"Fred everything's all se-" I heard him
start but abruptly stopped mid sentence, probably only now spotting me and Draco.

"Look who I found George" Fred grinned at him, looking between us.
He was enjoying this too much.
I avoided looking at George's face knowing I would only see hurt, but maybe I was afraid of seeing nothing at all. Draco dragged us both up. "Get out of my way Weasley" he snarled at the both of them.

"Now why would we do that Malfoy?" Fred questioned with a grin. I know for a fact that the reason George is so quiet is because I'm around, everytime he sees me he always goes silent.

"Please Fred, can you just move?" I croaked out, feeling exhausted from the day I've had. I didn't look up at neither of them but I'm pretty sure they saw my tear stained cheeks and puffy eyes. I was not a cute cryer.
He thankfully moved but Draco gave such a sinister glare to George when we passed him, it gave me shivers and it wasn't even directed at me.

We entered the Common room with Draco constantly asking me if I wanted to spend some more time together to tell him how I was feeling.
But I knew he needed his rest, so did I.
I ushered him away and headed to my own dorm. Pansy wasn't there. It looked like she was sleeping elsewhere tonight.

I sighed and got in bed. I'll try to forget George this year, besides I have divination tomorrow. It'll be great.