Help him, please

Valentine's POV

"So now you add a little bit of snail slime and voila!" Daphne Greengrass said clapping her hands. I laughed as it exploded, smoke resting itself over the atmosphere around us.

"Ms. Greengrass, Ms. Hargreeves do I need to separate the two of you ?" Professor Snape said sounding very much annoyed.

"No sir" I muffled out holding in my laughter. Potions were always a fun class, no matter the slytherin I end up partnering with.

Draco smirked glancing back at the two of us. Mouthing 'watch this'

Next thing I know he's mocking Professor Snape right when he turned his back.
Which had me barely holding my laughter in.

"Get to work on your Sleeping Draught potion. It's dreadfully tedious" Professor Snape drawled out as a final dismissal. 

Getting up, I walked with Draco to my next class of the day. "My impersonation was spot on wasn't it?" He grinned at me.
"Sure...for a hyppogriff" I nudged him.

Today has been a happy day for me, one I haven't had in a while.

Finishing up on Herbology class I was surprised when Fred, of all people came up to me asking to 'talk'. I of course refused at first, but he said it was important and slightly urgent. His words not mine. So after contemplating for a while, I decided to go. My curious need to know overtook the logical side of my brain.
As my aunt always says "Curiosity killed the cat."
But satisfaction brought it back.

"What was so important?" I asked raising my eyebrow at my ex's twin. We'd agreed to meet in the classroom no one ever used.

Fred looked up from the table he was sitting on.
"It's George. I'm worried about him"

"Okay and? Are you forgetting we're not together anymore? This doesn't concern me at all. Maybe you should talk to I don't know Angelina about this?"
I turned on my heels. Yes I know this was very much petty of me but I couldn't help it.

"Please you're one of the only people that genuinely cares about him. Well that I know of, just a hear me out, please." He pleaded.
Trying to make the shock on my face, I've never seen him actually this serious before. Also was that a subtle hint that Angelina isn't as innocent as I originally thought? Hmmm.

"Fine" I rolled my eyes sitting on the bench facing him.

"George doesn't feel like George anymore. He's actually depressed, he's not eating properly, he keeps muttering to himself. I've never seen him like this before, and I think it's because of you" he finished with a sad sigh.

"So you're blaming me now? George made his choice" I said exasperated.

Fred immediately shook his head.
"I didn't mean it like that. Every since you two broke up, he just hasn't been himself. Even at home, he mostly keeps to himself now, doesn't even want to plan pranks with me anymore" his eyes were wide as he went deeper into his explanation. Looking like a kicked puppy, my heart softened for him but I kept my poker face.

"Look Fred, I get that you're worried about him, but George made it clear to me that I wasn't to get involved in his personal life. So I'm sorry but there's really nothing I can do" shaking my head softly, I stood taking my leave.

"Wait please, just talk to him. Just one conversation please" Fred held onto my hand, pleading with me.

Glancing into his brown eyes, all I saw was sorrow and despair for his brother. And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't feeling slightly worried.
But how could I do this? George explicitly said he doesn't want anything to do with me.