Angelina Johnson

Valentine's POV

"Hey Val, I hope you're doing well as for me I'm splendid. My dad asked about you, your the first friend he's ever actually liked. Anyways I'm in a hurry I'm going to visit my aunt today.
Bye. Love you Val. Hope the rest of your summer is great."

I smiled tucking Draco's letter into my back pocket. I miss him. These couple months away from hogwarts feel like an eternity, actually I think it's because I miss the magic. Underage rule and all.

I wonder how George's doing. I smiled remembering the last few days at hogwarts. Everytime we passed, our hands would brush against each other and the fact that he'd find every single excuse to lean on me had me so bloody excited. Like whenever the hall was crowded, he would lean against me grasping my shoulders tenderly and walked away. I've also noticed Fred seemed friendlier to me. I have no idea what goes on in his mind.
Over the last few months me and Pansy has been sending letters to each other rapidly, turns out that George is single after all. That thought alone brought a gigantic smile on my face.

"Change of plans...I just burnt our dinner. Take out it is" Aunt Grisella said.
I nodded, grabbing my coat. "So where we headed to?"
"Well anywhere that's not too far from here" I was going to call Fluffy to come with us, but she was asleep curled up in a corner. I gave her a little kiss, giggling at how she turned over on her side afterwards.
"C'mon Valentine. let's go"

I shivered pulling my coat closer to me. My teeth were chattering violently and I was INSIDE the car with the heater on. We just got muggle food and was heading back home now.  London's pretty cold at night. "Hey aunt stop, there's someone there?" There was a boy on the side of the road. With bags at the side of him.

My aunt pulled up the car next to him and rolled down the window. "Hey are you alright?"
"Yes I'm fine" wait I know that voice.

"Harry?!"

"Valentine, hi I didn't expect to see you at this part of town" he looked shocked to say the least. I got out of the car and wrapped my hand around his, almost pulling back by how freezing it was. He looked frustrated and angry but sad.
"I'm fine really, I was just taking a walk, i was just getting ba-"

"Harry get in the car now"
I rolled my eyes.
"If it's okay with you that is, Aunt Grisella?" I asked fluttering my eyelashes in an overly dramatic way.
"Well of course any friend of Val is a friend of mine" I didn't have the heart to tell her we aren't actually friends. But I'd never see someone on the road looking like they had no where to go and NOT do something.

I hopped in the back seat with Harry. I didn't want him to feel alone. I grasped his hand in mine, I don't know why it just seemed like the right thing to do. Thankfully he didn't pull away, otherwise that would've been awkward. He grasped my hand even tighter. 

"Why are you doing this, don't you hate us?" I laughed at Harry's question. "I don't hate you Harry, neither your friends. Your friend Ron on the other hand, well you've already seen how that went down"

"George doesn't hate you tho" I looked at him wide eyed. How did he-
"Everyone can see how you look at him" he nudged my schoulder.
I nudged him back.
"Yea I'm not sure he feels the same way"
He opened his mouth to say something but I cut him off. I didn't like talking about me and George. It seemed private.

"Look I won't ask you why you're out here in this freezing night all alone, but you're coming with me. Friend or not, I know you Harry Potter and I tend to help the people I know" I threw a quick smile at him.