Hogwarts

Valentine's POV

I gazed in awe at all the shops we passed by. Literally in every corner had some magical place. I wanted to go through each and every one of them but I knew there wouldn't be enough time in this world for me to be satisfied.

"Val firstly we're going to go get you a wand" I nodded at my aunt tightly clasping her hand as she pulled our way through diagon alley. It certainly was crowded.

We stopped in front of this corner shop. Olivanders.

The musky scent of the shop slapped me in the face as soon as I walked in. The place smelt like old books...which I quite liked actually. God I'm such a nerd.
"Mr. Olivander" my aunt called out. Then an old man appeared coming down from a ladder. He had glasses, messy white hair and he looked a tad bit stressed.

"Yes? You're here for a wand I presume" he stated before pushing up his glasses and went back into the shelves.
Mr. Olivander pulled out a rectangular box and opened its lid. I peered curiously before he placed in front of me. Uh what was I supposed to do with it.

"Well give it a wave" he gestured with his hand.
Taking a deep breath, I picked up the surprisingly light weighted wand. This is my first time using magic. Woahh.

I flicked it in the air but all the boxes flew down to the ground. Giving everyone in the room a mini heart attack. I sighed. But then he gave me another....and another....

"We've already been through at least 10 wands already Mr.Olivander, I don't think there's one for me" I said and hung my head in disappointment.
Aunt Grisella placed her hand on my shoulder. I guess for moral support.

"Oh nonsense my child, there's a wand for everyone in my shop. Your parents probably got their wands from here as well" hope filled me when I heard him say that. But then he looked back to the shelves and started mumbling to himself
"Oh what about this one?" "No no that's not right" "no that's not right either"

"Ahh yes, try this" Mr. Olivander said before placing a wand in front of me. It was beautiful.
I delicately picked it up and gave it a swish. Green sparks flowed gently out. I did that?

"Cedar wood with dragon heartstring core 12 1/2 inches" he stated thoughtfully. "Fascinating"

"Mr. Olivander if you don't mind me asking what do you mean by fascinating?" I asked stepping up more closely to the counter.
"Powerful witches have dealt with wands similarly to that...now that'll be $6,000 galleons"

I smiled gratefully up at him. Then my aunt paid and we left. Now to get all the rest boring stuff.

"Ahh that was a day" my aunt stated before plopping down on the ouch next to me and fluffy.
"Yep it was actually very fun" I side smiled. "Anyways off to bed you too"

I sighed but got up anyway.

I laid in bed still thinking about today. It was so epic. I also made a friend. While I was waiting for my aunt to get the books I needed. I waited outside of the shop it was way too crowded inside. When a blonde boy came up to me. Apparently he was waiting for his mum too and he'll be attending hogwarts with me. At least I'll know someone. The first friend I've made in years. What was his name again?

Draco

I remember waiting for him to laugh when I told him mine. But he smiled and said we're both unique. I like that word unique. His mom came out before my aunt, she was really kind. Smiled at me and tell me she'll make sure to keep in touch. Apparently Draco sucks at making friends too. I'm one of the first. I'm not alone anymore.