Valentine Hargreeves

Valentine's POV

As a child I always knew I was different...call it a what was that muggle saying...ah yes
'a gut feeling'.

But never in my wildest imagination would I ever guess I was a bloody wizard!
I still remember the day my aunt sat me down and explained to me what really happened with my parents...how He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named tortured them endlessly before finishing them off.

I had never even felt that angry before...and well I might have broken a few vases but that's all right now.
My aunt who is apparently a 'squib' told me that everything will be alright and she even said I will eventually go to a Wizzarding school when I turn 11 (which is a few days from now) how brilliant is that!

"VALENTINE HARGREEVES GET YOUR BUTT DOWN HERE NOW!"

Damn what did fluffy do now? I sighed and got up closing my hogwarts history book as I walked towards the door. And yes I'm doing a bit of research on the school I'll be soon attending once I get my letter. Well if anyways. If my aunt's a squib who said I wouldn't be one as well.

"Yess my favourite aunt?" I said sheepishly walking down the stairs.

"Oh don't you start missy, you WILL clean up your pet's mess. As I recall you said that if I allowed you to get a pet YOU ARE THE ONE TO BE CLEANING UP AFTER HIM.AND NOT TO LEAVE THIS MESS LYING AROUND" she glared at me with her voice rising dangerously high.

But how am I supposed to control where fluffy sheds.

I bit my tongue and kept that bit to myself tho. She IS my responsibilty after all.

Aunt Grisella nodded at me and turned to leave "Oh and lunch is on the kitchen counter honey"

I smiled knowing she couldn't be mad at me for long. But grimaced when I looked at the living room. Eughh there's shedded skin all over. Bits and pieces.

"Fluffy come here this instance!" I called out. And as if she knew I was right there she came slithering around the corner. Or maybe she was just hiding.

I narrowed my eyes at her and she looked up at me curiously.

"Tell me mister. What is the meaning of this?" I asked frustration leaking into my voice. "I thought we AGREED that you would keep the shedding into the back of my closet where I have a comfortable box for you to do your thing"

I tapped my foot impatiently and folded my arms waiting for her to reply.

"I'm sorry a bacteria was growing weirdly fast on me and I had to shed as soon as possible" fluffy replied looking at me with her gooey green slit eyes. I mentally awed at her eyes in my heart it never ceases to fascinate me.

Damn it she knows exactly how to get to me!

Sigh.

"You're lucky I love you" I told her smiling slightly. She gave me a snakekish smirk (tends to do that allot) and slithered all the way across the floor and up my arm. And that's how I spent the rest off my afternoon picking up after my pet snake whilst talking to her. Fuffy's basically my only friend in this world.

Most people normally freak out when they know I have a pet snake. God you should've seen my aunt's face when I snuk Fluffy in my dress pocket  when we were getting back from the playground when I was around 8 years old.

**flashback**

I was so excited when my aunt told me we were going to the playground today. I could finally make some new friends! I always loved making friends but they didn't always like being friends with me. That's okay tho today I'll make a friend!