The Morning After

I woke up in my bed still in my dress. My head was pounding. I hate hangovers. I stood up and trudged to my closet. I put on leggings and sweatshirt. I went into the bathroom and put my hair into a ponytail then splashed more water into my face. I don't remember much of anything from last night so it was either really good or really bad. I stumbled to my door the headache blinding me.

I walked down the halls and stopped when I got to the kitchen. I sat down at the island and slumped down. Someone slid a glass to me. I looked up and there was Sam. Thank god for him. Before I could say anything Sam spoke up. "I really have to look after drunk you huh. Here drink that, my hangover 'cure'. Gotta say last night was definitely fun, but i'm gonna assume that by the look on your face you don't remember much?"

I nodded, not daring to speak. He went on the explain his time and then how I got so drunk that he had to call Steve to bring me home. I put my head in my hands. This was so embarrassing. God damn it. "Well that's wonderful. Thanks for coming with me though. Definitely needed." I show a weak smile, he just laughs. Everyone else starts to file into the kitchen.

Tony walked in already drinking coffee. "You know you really should invite us all next time you go out y/n." How the hell did he know-? Oh wait, oh no. "You guys weren't all...?" Thor laughed very loudly. "Yes we all saw you last night lady Y/N. You were very sassy." Everyone else snickered. My face just turned red. I looked at Sam and he just shrugged his shoulders.

Everyone else kind of just sat around talking for an hour or so, it was peaceful and somewhat normal. I couldn't help but smile. Steve never said a word about last night, and I was kind of grateful for that.

As Thor was describing some strange tradition from Asgard Nat rushed into the room and spoke in a worried tone. "Hey guys? You probably wanna see this." She jogged out and everyone got up to follow her. We followed her into a meeting room. Once we were all at the table eyes on the screen I heard an unfamiliar voice from behind. I snapped around to see a man with an eye patch. Everyone else seemed to know him so I went with it.

The man walked up the the tv screen and turned it on. He moved screens to show a video. He turned towards the rest of us, eyes wandering. "We received this video early this morning. Our best guess is it's from Hydra. The video is some kind of-." He stopped and I looked up. He was staring at me. "Who the hell is this?" His finger pointed at me was followed by the teams eyes.

Steve spoke up "Her name is Y/N. We found her a few days ago when Hydra attacked downtown. We have reason to believe they were after her. She is enhanced, and is a trained assassin." Fury looked deep in thought and I stared down at my hands. "Enhanced you say? What can she do? Also assassin? Were you trained by hydra? How do you know you can trust her? And finally why the hell did no one tell me?"

No one spoke. They were all looking at me. "Uhm I can move things with my mind, but only when i'm scared or angry as of right now. Yes i'm a trained assassin and yes I was trained by Hydra, but i'm not with them. I escaped from them 8 years ago. I've been on the run ever since. Sir..."

Everyone was kind of stunned. "Yea ok well you're gonna need to work on that whole control thing. But ex-hydra? I can work with that. This video i'm about to show you is leading up to a mission. You Y/N are going to help." I nodded my head not daring to speak again.

He pressed play and the video started. A man popped up on the screen, he looked like a scientist.  "Hello Shield." He creepily waves into the camera and then backs away. When he moves he reveals a small child. The child sits in the chair it's arms cuffed to the sides. She frantically looks around to the people around her as they are moving machinery. Moments later a doctor injects her with something. The child screams and cries and screams in Russian. "Please! Please stop!" I wince.

Fury stops the video. He senses everyone's discomfort. The worst part: I recognized the place the video was taken at.