Another morning

"I'd say it's time to kick some alien ass." I smirk.

Some people voice their agreement and others just nod. It had been an incredibly long and exhausting day, everyone was tired. I push myself off the couch.

"Ok i'm gonna head to bed. I can show you guys around real fast though." I offer to the guardians.

Gamora smiles slightly and nods. I place a kiss on Steve's forehead. "Goodnight." I smile.

He just smiles back up at me as I walk away, Guardians trailing behind me.

I lead them down the hall and to a staircase. We go down a floor and I stop in front of a few doors.

"Ok Tony's got like 4 spare rooms so here you guys go. I don't care how you split it up or if you want to. The training room is on the next floor down, it's hard to miss. My room is upstairs and the third door on the left if you need me." I smile and turn back towards them.

"When do we get our guns?" Rocket asks, crossing his arms.

"Calm down. You'll get them. They aren't the only thing in the world though..." I say as I roll my eyes and walk away.

I can hear them arguing about the room situation as I climb back up the stairs. I laugh to myself as I round the corner and push open the door to my own room.

I know I was here a mere days ago but it was still refreshing to be somewhere familiar. I breathe in that home-y smell and smile. I quickly change into something more comfortable and get ready for bed.

It was only 11 when I finally settled in and went under the covers of my bed. The thoughts of what to come races through my head as I lay in the darkness. It doesn't take long for me to drift off.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I jolt upright when I hear noises from the hallways. I look over to my nightstand to see the clock at 5:27am. My attention goes back to the door at another noise.

I swiftly and quietly step onto the floor. I grab the gun from my nightstand and turn off the safety. I creep over to the door and press my ear against it. The noises sounded like several noises and they get louder. They weren't voices I could identify.

I listen for another moment and when the voices get quieter again I open the door. I see figures turning the corner into the living room. I cross the hall and press my back to the wall. I glide along the wall until I reach the end of the hallway.

I take a deep breath and turn the corner, lifting my gun.

"Woah what the hell?" Quill shouts, raising his arms in the air.

I release a deep breath. "Jesus christ why are you guys up?!" I ask to both Quill and Drax standing in the kitchen.

"What are you talking about??" Quill asks frantically.

I relax my arms and click the safety back on. It was too early in the morning for this. I run my eyes. "Everyone is sleeping and you're both incredibly loud."

Drax tilts his head confused. "How can you see me?"

I roll my eyes. I'm not doing this right now. I was already awake so I push past them to the coffee machine. I can feel their eyes on me as the coffee brews.

Once it's done I stir in some milk and sugar and trudge back to the entrance of the hall. I turn and look at them over my shoulder.

"I'll be in the training room if either of you need me." I sigh before retreating back to my room, coffee in one hand and gun in the other.

I finish my coffee in my room and change into leggings and a tank top. I pull my hair back and into braids.

Once i'm done I grab a pair of tennis shoes from my closet and pull them on. Before going down to the training room I drop the empty mug off in the kitchen sink.

When I push open the doors to the training room I see Quill, Drax, and Gamora lounging around in the corner.

I raise my eyebrows. "Hey." I nod.

"This is a nice place you got." Quill says looking around the room.

I nod. "Anyone want to spar?"

Quill stands from the bench and marches over the the mats. His cocky smile is amusing.

I smirk and meet him on the mat. We raise our fists and I shrug. "Whenever you're ready."

He throws a punch at me and immediately I grab his fist and flip him onto his back. His form was awful. I laugh down at him and offer a hand up. He whines and groans as he limps back over to his corner.

"Gamora?" I ask raising my eyebrow again.

She shrugs and walks up to me. Finally, a real challenge. We spar for much longer, both of us pushing the other.

"Save your energy for later." Says another familiar voice.

We pause and I turn to see Steve leaning against the door frame.

I laugh and tap out.

"Thanks for the warm up." I wink to the guardians.

I run up to Steve and he wraps his arm around as we make our way back up to the living room. When we get up there we're greeted by most of the team.

They're all looking at a screen with a map on it. On the map is the city of DC surrounded by images of a terror ridden city. I sigh, my moment of relaxation was over. Back to reality.

I clap my hands together. "This our first stop?"

Everyone turns back to me. Tony points his pen at me. "Yup." He twirls his fingers at everyone. "Everyone suit up."

I nod and walk with Steve down the hallway to our doors. I break off as soon as we reach my room. He smiles at me as I close the door.

I skip over to my closet and exchange my tennis shoes for some boots. It didn't take much for me to suit up, all I had to do was change my shoes, do my hair, and grab my pendent.

I pin the pendent onto my shirt and rebrand my hair. Once i'm done in my room, I find my way to the armory and load up on daggers and guns. Although I may have my powers back, it's good to be prepared.

I flip one of the daggers a few time and then smile and slip it into a sheath. I was ready.

I meet up with Sam in the hallway on the way up to the roof. We're the 3rd and 4th people up there, only being beat by Steve and Nat. The four of us chat until everyone else finally gets here.

We load onto the jet and almost immediately Rocket and Bucky get along. Why was I not surprised?

"Ladies and gentlemen, first stop DC." Tony says as we fly over the skyscrapers of a broken New York.

Last Update: 02/19/21   11:10pm

Hey all! Sorry for the later chapter. I know it's probably a little boring but it's about to get crazy again :)

I think this story actually is coming to a close in the next few chapters though. It's pretty long and I think it's getting close to a good wrap up. Thank you all for the support! Love all of you!!!