Intruder

We get back to the tower later in the afternoon. The three of us step out of the elevator to everyone else in the living room. It looked like they were watching a horror movie?

They hadn't noticed the elevator open. I turn to Sam and Steve and smirk. We all nod at each other. We slowly creep up behind our friends. Sam stops behind Bucky, Steve behind Tony, and me behind Clint. I hold up 3 fingers and count down. On one we all jump up at scream.

They all jump and quickly turn around. Bucky tries to punch Sam, but he ducks just in time.

I burst out laughing and Tony pauses the movie.

"Jesus christ. You almost me a heart attack!" Tony shouts.

I can't see through the tears forming in my eyes . It was all too easy.

I walk around to the front of the couch and plop down next to Nat.

"Too easy." I brag. "Anywho, we've got the code, and we should be able to get in tomorrow. I can send everyone the maps and study them. I'm prepared for tomorrow, seeing as I have a pretty important role." I say leaning back into the cushion.

Bucky relaxes after a moment and glares at Sam. It only makes me laugh more.

"Sounds good." Nat replies after another minute.

We continue the movie with them and end up watching for another few hours. We eat dinner between movies and at 8. I stand up.

"I'm gonna go train if anyone wants to come with." I say walking backwards towards my room.

A few people nod but no one stands. I laugh  and go into my room. The moment I open my door something feels off.

I reach for the gun that usually rests in the nearest drawer to the door, but it's not there. Shit. I fire up my hands and hold them in a ready position.

I quietly cree around my room, checking the closet, under the bed, and behind furniture. Just as I begin to relax I hear a noise from the bathroom. Gotcha. I raise my hands and blast the door down. Standing in my bathroom is a man dressed in all black. He raises a gun and points it at my head.

Before he shoots I fire a pulse of energy and send him flying into the shower. He hits his head on the tile and passes out.

I glare at him before moving. He was definitely heavy and strong. I remove the gun from his hand and tuck it in my waistband. I look around my bedroom and grab some duck tape. I shrugged. It would have to do. I tape the mans hands together in front of him.

I fill a cup with cold water and cock the gun. Holding the gun in one hand, I point it at him and throw the water onto him with the other hand. He jumps awake and tries to move. When he notices the gun, he stops.

"Get up." I say coldly.

He does as I ask and I grab his wrists. Keeping the gun pointed at his head I walk him out to the living room. Of course they notice when I walk in.

"We've got an issue." I say loud enough for them to hear.

A few of them turn to me.

"Who the hell is that?" Nat asks, obviously concerned.

Steve turns and tilts his head.

"I don't know, but he was snooping around my room." I say, shoving the man forward.

Thor abruptly stands from his spot and summons mjolnir. The hammer hits his hand hard, and he walks up the stranger.

"I'll take him downstairs." He says, grabbing the mans shoulder and pushing him towards the elevator.

I watch as the stranger sulks to the elevator in front of Thor.

I feel an arm wrap around my waist. "You ok?" Steve asks from beside me.

I lean into him. "Yea, just surprised is all." I sigh. "I'm gonna go with Thor and try and get some info out of him. Then i'll probably be in the gym if you need me." I say and start towards the elevator.

I reach the interrogation rooms and see Thor watching the man through the glass. I sigh. The last time I had been here was for Eli....

I open the door and slam it behind me. The stranger snaps his head up to face me. I'm pissed. He sits at a table newly placed in the room, his hands still taped together. He doesn't smirk or smile or even speak. He looks... scared?

"How sent you?" I ask, arms crossed standing in front of him.

He doesn't speak.

I slam my hands down onto the table. "WHO SENT YOU?" I ask again.

The man jumps. "H-HYDRA. O-or well the A-alien guy." He stutters.

I scoff. "You new there or something?"

He looks down at his hands and nods slowly.

"What does Loki want now?" I ask obviously done with this.

"H-he just said to try and find anything personal about you..... O-or see if you had any intel on them or your team." He says shakily.

This kid probably had no idea what he was doing.

I leave the room and stare at him through the glass again. Thor stands arms crossed beside me.

"I apologize for my brother Y/n." He says, quietly for once.

I scoff again. "It's not your fault he's an asshole. I'm gonna call Fury and get this guy transferred. We won't get much from him." I say before pulling out my phone. Thor just nods.

I call Fury and several hours later he meets the two of us down near the cell.

"This your guy?" He asks.

I nod. "He hasn't been with HYDRA for long. Probably only a month. He doesn't have their loyalty and grit." I say.

Fury nods and walks into the cell. He tells the man to stand and he pushes him out of the cell. He replaces the duck tape with cuffs and brings him to the roof, where his jet was still running.

"Yea we'll take care of this guy. You guys just focus on getting Loki." Fury says as he walks onto the plane.

"Yes sir." I reply. I watch as the jet flies away.

I go back to my room and change into athletic gear. I jog down the stairs as a warmup. Once I reach the gym and start using the punching bag. The doors open a few minutes later and Natasha walks in.

I smile and we lock eyes. She starts walking to the mats and I quickly unwrap my fists. I jog over to the mats where she puts her fists up. I grin and start my attack. I charge at her swinging my arm attempting to punch. I dodges my punch and tries to jump over me as i'm hunched over. I grab her leg as she nears the ground.

I pull her leg and she falls from the air. She rolls into another defensive position and scoffs.

We continue sparring until later in the evening. I tap out and chuckle when she had me pinned down on round 10. She reaches out a hand and helps me up. I stand up and thank her.

I head back to my room and hop in the shower. The warm water is cleansing. My worries disappear for the short 10 minutes i'm in the shower.

Once I step outI change into pajamas and finishing getting ready. Around midnight I slip under my covers and glance around my room. Tomorrow would be a big day. I was going undercover.

Last update: 02/10/21 4:12 pm

Hey guys! So this chapter wasn't super action packed so i'm gonna try and get one more chapter out today! Love y'all!