Gone but not forgetten

When they received the news they stopped all the work they had done on HYDRA. They stayed frozen unable to process anything. They stayed in the room at the hospital for a few more hours.

They sat on the chairs and a few of them sat slumped against a wall. Thor had stormed away. He was angry. He had dealt with so much loss this made him angry. He actually had just went to be alone though.

Eventually they were asked to move and they went back to the tower.

"Did she have any family... Anyone we should call..?" Asked Clint quietly.

"Yea... us. We were the only people she had left." Tony responds.

They sit around the couch and eventually go their own ways to deal with the grief. They stayed quiet for only a week. After a week, they turned their grief to anger and determination.

They worked even harder on getting intel on HYDRA. They filled several chalkboards front and back along with their files and papers.

They held the funeral a month later. They had taken down several HYDRA bases at this point and they had just gotten a lead of Dr. Schmuck.

They held the funeral back at the barn. They buried her next to Eli at the cemetery not too far from the barn. They held the burial at night. They stood around the hole in the ground as her casket was lowered in. Several of them were zoned out, lost in thought. The others were channeling their anger and sadness.

Once the casket is fully in the hole they pause.

"Y/n I really miss you." Steve managed to croak out. "I know how much you like the stars, so figured it was only right to lay to you to rest under them." He gets out.

He feels a pat of his back but doesn't bother to look at who.

"You showed me what a good time really was and I am so grateful to have been your friend." Sam says quietly. You could tel his eyes were filled with tears.

"From the moment I met you, you made me frustrated. You made me frustrated because I thought you were better than me. You truly are Y/n." Tony lowers his head.

The rest of them take turns saying things. They all lower their heads as the dirt is tossed onto the casket and they watch until it's completely covered. She was gone.

After the funeral they fly back to the tower and sit around the table. They each have a drink in their hand and most of them have completely finished.

"Excuse me sir?" Jarvis speaks, making some of them jump.

Tony sighs. "Yes?"

"Miss Y/l/n had programmed me to give you instructions if she were to pass. Instructions for after the funeral." The AI says monotonously.

They all sit upright on their chairs.

"Go ahead Jarvis!" Steve says frantically.

All the sudden Y/n's voice comes over the intercom.

"Hey guys! Y/n here! I got this idea after Eli died, I was too lazy to write a letter and I figured that was too plain for me. E was always way more sentimental than I am." The recording plays.

The all relax in their chairs as the sound of her voice. She laughs in the recording and it makes them smile.

"Anyways, I just wanted to leave a recording instead. I figured it was easier. This is just worse case scenario but you never know right. I can't count how many times my life has completely changed in like the last year. It's insane! If you told my like 20 year old self I would be living with the avengers, I would have laughed in your face. Here I am though! God i'm glad I ended up here. I thought I would have ended up on the streets or as a barista my whole life.

I just kinda wanted to use this to go over some of my favorite things that happened while here. Ok ok so first off was probably the first day of training. I thought I would die of exhaustion. You guys made exercise fun! Somehow... Hanging out the lab with Tony, Bruce, and Peter was fun. It's kind of hilarious how much Tony and Peter are like father and son. I think I taught more to you guys than you taught me."

Y/n continues to go over her favorite moments and everyone tears up. Her laugh sounded so familiar. So beautiful. So full of life.

"In all seriousness though, you guys taught me teamwork. You gave me a family for the first time since I was 3. Well, other than E. If I do for whatever reason die..... please don't cry over for me for an ungodly amount of time. Or godly? I guess.. I don't know Thor is a literal god. I wonder if all gods are that loud? Anywho, like I was saying. Don't cry for too long. Honor my memory but don't make me your whole world." Her soft and kind voice changes to a rough and some what mocking voice. " AVENGE ME!! Haha I'm just kidding s Chances are if I die it'll be because I found another idiotic thing or tried to be dumb.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I love you guys. Your were my world. You are my world. Always and forever. Just a quick reminder in case any of you forgot: I can handle myself always have and always will. So if I do die, I probably know what I was doing." She finishes with a sigh. The audio audibly clicks off.

If you were to look around the room you wouldn't have guessed someone had died. They were all smiling.

————————————————————————

More bright lights. Jesus what was with these guys and bright lights. When my eyes adjust again I see a woman standing over me. I'm in what looks like a hospital room but it was definitely not in a hospital. The woman was looking away from me so she hadn't noticed I was awake.

I try to move but my hands are covered in some type of metal cast. How did they know how I was. Unless.... HYDRA.

The woman turns around. She seemed to be tall and she had medium length brown hair.

" Well good morning." She says and smiles.

I eye her suspiciously. "I don't care what you do to me. I'm not telling you anything. I'd rather die than be in your control again." I hiss.

The woman looks offended. But only for a moment. Then she laughs. The hell?

"You have us mistaken for HYDRA Y/n." The woman says. Kindly?

"Then who are you?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"We are Shield." She points around the group of people in the room.

I hadn't noticed them before. I try and move my wrists.

"Ok and what the hell does that mean? What are you some HYDRA spin off?" I ask still trying to move.

Before the woman can speak I hear another voice. A familiar voice.

"Sorry about the handcuffs. Wanted to make sure you didn't like fry our system or kill anyone." The man steps into the light.

"Fury?" I ask confused. "What is going on?" I shake my head.

He unlocks my cuffs and I sit up. I notice the IV in my arm.

"We're sorry about the circumstance but it's nice to see you again. Shield is an undercover organization that protects the people from all things extraterrestrial and well HYDRA." He explains.

I cock my head and try to stand. "I want to go home."

The woman pushes me back down and turns to Fury.

"Yea no. Cant do that." He says, his face turned serious. Well even more serious than before.

The panic rises in me again. What was going on?!

Last update: 01/31/21 8:27pm

Hey guys! You didn't think Y/n would stay dead did you? Although she is NOT dead, this story is probably coming to a close, unfortunately :(  Still, I intend to keep on writing but all good books must come to an end.