Are you there?

The room got dark and transformed into a snowy forest and holographic soldier started to appear. We were all given weapons that worked with the holograms.

I grasped the fake gun and knife and got ready to fight. Everyone fought and moved around the room for about half an hour. After we had taken down all the fake bad guys the room lit back up and everyone became visible to me again. I saw I wasn't the only exhausted one.

After the training session Tony told us to clean up and meet back up in the living room after. I went back to my room and took a quick shower to clean up. Then I changed into jeans a t-shirt and went back to the living room.

I was one of the first people there. It was only Nat, Wanda, and Bruce waiting on the couch. I joined them and laughed. "How is it that the guys took the longest to get ready?"

Nat just threw her head back and chuckled. "Are you really surprised?". I shook my head. It took about another twenty minutes for everyone else to arrive, Thor being the last one. He was such a drama queen.

Once we were all settled Tony pulled up stats from our training session. Everything looked pretty good. I smiled triumphantly. I looked around and so was everyone else.

Everyone's eyes eventually made their way back to Tony, who was still in the front of the room. "Ok gang, another quick announcement! Tonight believe it or not i'm throwing another party! This one is to celebrate the recovery of Y/n!"

I shot Tony a confused look as everyone else clapped and whooped. "Really Tony it's fine. You guys recover and all that stuff all the time."

He shakes his head and put a hand on my shoulder. "Yea but you were almost literally sacrificing yourself for the greater good and whenever I do that we have a little get together. Now it's your little get together."

I shook my head and smiled. "Whatever you say."

We had a few hours until the party and I ended up going into Nats room for a dress again. She pulled a little black dress from her closet and passed it to me. "Ah perfect! You look hot"

 "Ah perfect! You look hot"

I laughed and thanked her. I went back to my room to keep getting ready. I curled my hair and put on some light makeup. I slid the heels on my feet. When I left my room I could already hear the party in full swing. I glanced up and down the halls and didn't see anyone.

I crept into Sam's room and grabbed a nice shirt and pants. I went back to my room and grabbed a small comb out of my bathroom.

Just as I was about to turn the door knob I hear a knock on the door. It surprises me but I answer. "Yes?"

It's Steve. "Hey we're all waiting for you, are you almost ready?"

Shit. "Oh uh yea I just need like 20 minutes don't wait for me. I will meet you at the bar in 20?" I hold my breath.

I hear a faint laugh. "Yea ok i'll see you then."

I press my ear against the door until his footsteps have gone quiet. I gripped the clothes to my chest and cracked open the door. Once again there was no one there. I made my way to the stairwell. My heels clicked as I climbed stairs to the floor with the holding cell.

I reached the cell door and looked through the mirror at Eli. Poor kid was sitting in the corner in a ball. I took a deep breath in and opened the door and stepped into his cell.

"What's your name?" I questioned.

He looked up and his face looked both worried and happy at the same time. "Eli, my name is Eli."

He stands to come closer to me and I stick a hand up. "Wait. Tell me something only Eli would know?"

He stops and thinks for a minute. "When we first met I knocked you out with a wooden plank and then later you ended up flipping me onto my back?" He looks into my eyes.

I search his eyes for any signs of hostility and I don't see anything. It was him. I smile and drop the things in my arms. I run to him and embrace him.

He pulls me tight then holds my shoulders. "You look great! Why are you so dressed up? Oh god i'm so sorry about.. well almost killing you..." He looked at the ground.

I smiled at him. "Eli, I did what needed to be done and it worked so it was worth it. Also yea Tony's throwing a little party so that's why i'm dressed up." I pick up the clothes from the ground and toss them to him. He catches them and looks confused. I just laugh. "Change into those. You're coming with me."

He looks sad and looks into the mirror. "Are they ok with it? I don't want to threaten anyone. I'm pretty sure they already hate me."

I lift his face. "If they do, then they can come through me. Now change."

He weakly smiles. "Ok then can I at least get some privacy?"

I snicker and turn around. I can hear him changing and when the rustling stops I turn around and see him all dolled up. I smile, he was like a brother to me and I had missed him like crazy.

"So, how do I look?" He grins at me.

I pull him in for one more hug and the finally wrap my arm in his. "Ok just stay next to me ok? I have to get to the party and it's probably gonna be a little crazy at first but I can handle it."

He looks at me and just nods. We exit the cell and I hold onto his arm tightly. We walk down the stairs and I can't help but get a little nervous at how the others would react. I hope I was doing the right thing.

We reached the hallway right outside the party and I could hear the people talking and the music playing. I looked over at Eli and he looked frightened. I cock my head to the side and lock my arms around his. We stand there for a moment and I take a deep breath in. "Let's do this."