Passing Time

It been a year now. A year since returning to HYDRA. It's all become routine. I get a mission. I go on said mission, maybe kill some people. Then I come back, get checked out by the doctor and stay in my room.

I didn't speak to anyone, only ever the doctor and the the man in the office. I also trained. A lot. I had gotten stronger and gained control over my powers.

I had lost track of what day it was but I knew by going outside that it was late fall. It was getting cold and the leaves on the trees had turned orange. They let me walk around on my own now. They knew I was loyal.

I walked down the concrete hallways. I don't smile. I stopped smiling a while ago. Although HYDRA was my home, I couldn't shake the feeling that they were wrong. They continuously assured me that what I was doing was right. We were the good guys. When I didn't believe them, they enlightened me.

I had scars all over my limbs. Reminders, as they called it. At the end of the day they at least acted as if they cared about me. Nothing was keeping me here, I could leave if I wanted, but HYDRA was all I knew.

Once I reached the door I knocked. Moments later I hear a muffled "Come in".

I push the door open to reveal the man in chair. It's been a year and yet I still don't know his name. He motions for me to sit. I pull out one of the old cushioned seat and sat. He pushes a folder across the desk to me.

"Your next assignment." He ushers to the folder.

I flip the folder open to reveal quite the collection of paper. I look back up to him.

"The avengers. We want them gone. Permanently." He says, a smile forming on his face.

I look away. "They're the ones who kidnapped me?" I question.

He nods.

"What did they do?" I ask looking back down at the papers.

He clicks a button and a tv pops out behind him. It shows images from another one of the HYDRA bases. Dead bodies littered everywhere, others were struggling to stand.

I scoff in disgust and pick the folder back up. "I'll be ready in an hour sir." I say with no expression.

He dismisses me and I go back to my room to change and load my guns.

————————————————————————
~avengers pov~

It's been a year. A year since they lost her. In the first few months they were full of hope and they had each exhausted all resources into finding her.

Now.... well now things has quieted down. They obviously still tried to find her, but it wasn't as often where they would get word of a new HYDRA base. When they got word, they set a plan and executed it. Sometimes they would get some information, other times it was a dead end.

It was quiet around the tower for a few months but again, as time went on things went back to being as normal as they could. They were all pretty torn up about. But Sam. Sam beat himself up about it the most. He had gotten extremely close to Y/n. In a matter of months he lost both Y/n and Eli. Both of whom he was close with.

Now they sat around the couch.

"Go fish" says Clint.

The 8 of them had tried to plan nights to hang out together so they didn't drown in their work.

Tonight was game night.

"Damn it Clint!" Tony exclaims frustrated.

Across the room on the kitchen table were papers, files, pictures, anything that mention Y/n or a powerful assassin in the last year.

It was crazy how they all managed to separate themselves from it and taken a break. These people were strong. Strong but all broken.

BANG!
————————————————————————
~your pov~

I manage to breach the tower and take out surrounding security. I take one of their uniforms and change in a closet.

Once i'm done I open the door and slip my gun in my pocket, hand on the trigger. My y/h/c hair is tied back into a ponytail, swinging as I walk down the halls. I go up a few levels on the stairs. Somehow I knew my way around.... how?

Either way I continued on and pushed those thoughts to the back of my mind. I hadn't set off any alarms yet. I creeped through the halls until I heard their voices. I stopped at the end of the hall. I pressed my back against the wall and tried to figure out the room.

By the looks of it, this room was the kitchen and living room. I could see the table and it was covered in papers, but I couldn't make out what they were for. I peeked around the corner and saw the hero's on the couch. Were they playing a card game?

Ha. I bet Thor got mad when he lost. I thought.

Wait. What? What was happening?? I kept getting glimpses of memories, or not memories? I wasn't sure anymore. What is happening??

i steadied myself and got a better grip of my gun. I felt my eyes start to turn purple. I couldn't control myself. I took a deep breath.

I grabbed my gun and held my finger on the trigger. I ran my plan through my head and just as I was about to go I hear a laugh.

I stop. Why is this happening. The laugh only gets louder. My head hurts. A wave of emotions hits me. Happy. Angry. Confused. Love.

Steve.

Last update: 01/28/21 9:04pm