Flashdrive

The quinjet landed and I still hadn't said a word. Everyone else was on the opposite side of the jet talking, probably about me. I didn't care, my head was spinning and my leg was throbbing. I pushed my way past everyone and went into the tower. I went to Tony's lab and got medical help.

Luckily the bullet had gone straight through so there was no need for extraction, just stitches and a wrap. Jarvis took care of it and I wrapped my leg. As I left the lab I saw everyone else walk inside. I didn't move my eyes from the ground as I went to my room. I locked the door and sat against the wall.

How was he alive? I had watched him die, or so I thought I guess. It was the very thing that had motivated me to fight. Everything I knew was wrong and fake. How had I let this happen. He was like a brother to me, and now he was under Hydras control.

I could tell the others, but this wasn't their problem, not their fight. It was mine. I grabbed my laptop from the nightstand and flipped it open. I reached into my pocket and pulled out the flash drive. I felt bad keeping it from the team but I needed to do this. I stared at it for a moment before finally plugging it in. Files starting popping up, lighting up the screen.

It was overwhelming, seeing my past and these people's futures all on a tiny computer screen. I scrolled through the files seeing names I recognized. Clint, Tony, Steve, Nat, Bucky, Lucy, Bruce, Thor, Peter, Wanda, and a lot of others including myself. I didn't find his name anywhere. Maybe the stupid doctor was just trying to get in my head, it was working. I kept looking.

I clicked on a file labeled "Projects". I held my breath as I saw images, videos, and documents pop up. My heart dropped. I see a file labeled Eli. I slam my laptop as a cry escapes my lips. I stand up and pace my room. He wasn't lying. I needed to look.

After a minute I catch myself and I sit back down and open the computer again. I click the file. It was him. I clicked through photos and videos showing him chained up and he looked as if he was glitching. By the looks of it he was in pain. It hurt my heart. I had to help him and I was determined to do just that.

I jumped at the suddenly knock on the door. I pulled the flash drive out and slid it back into my pocket and closed the computer. When I opened the door it was Thor.

"Lady Y/N! Tony has asked for us in the living room and I am here to get you!"

I smile and look back towards the closed computer. "Ok i'm coming." I closed my door behind me and followed Thor to the living room. Almost everyone was seated already. I sat on the ground in front of the couch. Tony waltzed in and did a little twirl. I laughed.

"Ok folks, tonight we're having a party! Today's mission went incredibly well and there were no unnecessary deaths! So 8 o'clock tonight is party time!" Everyone seemed excited and I just faked a smile. I would probably leave tonight.

After Tony was done I started back towards my room. Sam jogged up to me. "You ok Y/L/N? You seem a bit off and you've been quiet since we got back." I just nod and look up at him. "I'm fine Sam." He wasn't convinced. "When you went back inside after we made it to the field, where did you go?". Too easy "Oh just to help the others." I smiled and close my door before he can ask another question. I love Sam but he asks too many questions.

Ok I had some time. I made a plan and got my things together. Now it was 6, I had two hours. I printed out some of Eli's files and put them in a bag, along with some cash and some other essentials. It was almost time. I went into my closet and found an older dress. Tony had told us all to dress formally.

(Here's your dress)

(Here's your dress)

I changed and slid my holsters up my thigh. I placed a single handgun on one of my holsters. I put on some black booted heels and put my hair is a elegant bun. Before leaving my room and I put on some lip gloss and put my bags and materials in a corner.

I walked out of my room and finally out into the living room area where the party was already in full swing. I didn't know where to go so my eyes searched the room. I see Steve and I give a smile. Then I feel a tug and see Natasha and she guides me towards the bar.

She orders a drink and offers me one. I shake my head and just get a water. We sit and chat until 9. Then Steve walks up to us.

"Hey ladies. Y/N you look.... really really pretty" His face starts to get red.

I smile up at him. "Thanks Steve. Dance with me?"

He seems surprised but doesn't hesitate to follow me to dance. We dance and spin around to the music. I smile and for a little while, I forget everything and just have fun.

I look and see Sam and Bucky staring at Steve and I. When they notice I see them they look anywhere but us. I let out a laugh. It gets closer to 10:30, which was when I would start my plan. I still enjoyed my time at the party and made my way around to everyone. I even met the spider kid. His name was Peter, and just as I had thought he was just a high schooler. He was crazy smart, reminded me of me.

The clock finally struck 10 and I managed to slip away.

Hey guys! I just reached 300 views and thank you so much!! Also thank you to those who have voted for the chapters!! Love you guys! ❤️