Confessions

Bucky and I meet up with everyone else just outside the government building. There's no one in sight.

"You know this is a trap of some kind right?" Nat sighs.

"Yup but we gotta do what we gotta do." Steve retorts.

"I can go in the from entrance, Wanda the back and then we can split into two teams?" I suggest.

Everyone agrees and we split into two groups. Wandas group runs off and I wait for response.

"Ready when you are." Wandas voices says in my ear.

"On three." I respond.

"One" My heart starts to race.

"Two" I begin to feel the heat rising in my hands.

"Three." My group runs up the stairs and I burst the doors open revealing a large gathering of both HYDRA and Udhar.

"Time to play." I mutter under my breath.

My group runs around me and into the crowd while I stay where I was and send blasts into the crowd of aliens, causing them to be thrown against the walls.

Bucky, Gamora, Rocket, Tony, and Natasha take down the HYDRA soldiers in a matter of minutes but they weren't the main concern. They do their best to slash the Udhar's legs and disable them so they couldn't retaliate.

One of the Udhar backhands Bucky and sends him flying into a wall. I quickly blast the purple creature and shoot Bucky an "are you ok?" glance. He nods and brushes himself off.

We finally subdue the group and we're left with a pile of bodies in the floor. I shrug and step over all of them. We run through the halls fighting off and striking down any stray fighters.

We reach the main chamber seconds before the other half of the team. What we see takes us aback. One of the high ranking government officials was holding the others at gunpoint along with a small squad of HYDRA agents.

Then man notices our presence and turns. "Lovely to finally meet the avengers." He smiles mischievous.

"What are you doing?" I breathe out and shake my shake my head.

"Just following orders" He says and turns back to his colleagues who look terrified. All in a split second, he nods to the squad beside him and about all of them fire one single shot.

"NO!" Someone beside me shouts.

All twelve people who were previously held at gunpoint, fall to the floor. Half of the team rushes to aid the fallen citizens while the others disarm the squad of gunmen.

I raise the traitor in the air and slam him back to the ground. I place my boot on his throat.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I shout accusingly.

The man rolls his neck and grins. It sends a shiver down my spine. Foam forms at his mouth and starts pouring out. "One day you'll all understand. Hail Hydra." He hisses before his body goes limp.

I lift my boot from his throat. I kick him in the side as hard as I can in frustration. I lean down and feel for a pulse. He was most definitely dead.

I stand back up and run over to the aid of the fallen. The squad of gunmen were now either dead or someone was holding them to prevent their escape.

We could hear the sirens in the not so far distance but half of the officials were already dead.

We wait until they were all loaded into ambulances and taken away. Shield arrives not too long after and we're given the all clear to go home. Usually Shield helps coordinate clean up and rescue.