Guess who's back

The rest of the night was a blur. I watched as they dragged Eli onto the Quinjet. I felt Bucky's strong grip on both of my arms holding me back. Once we were all of the jet I was chained to a railing and I sat down still crying. I felt broken and everything hurt.

I woke up this morning on a rough surface, staring at the ceiling. I sat up to see myself in a familiar concrete room. I was still in my dress but my hair was a mess. I stood up and starting pacing around the room. I hated feeling useless and the feeling of being held captive killed me.

Awful thoughts raced through my brain as I slowly started to remember the events of the previous night. I sat back down on the bed and placed my head in my palms. I took off my boots and tossed them in a corner.

Half an hour later I heard a lock click and the door opened. Nick Fury, Steve, and Bucky walked in. Steve wouldn't look at me and he and Bucky stood arms crossed on either side of Fury.

I jumped up from my position on the bed and walked up to the three of them my eyes starting to water. I pointed my finger in their faces.

"Did you kill him?? Why am I in here? You're all pussies let me out of here!"

I push into Steve and Bucky, punching them with little force. I couldn't exactly see because the tears were blocking my vision. Before they even had a chance to speak my legs collapsed and I fall onto my knees and just cry.

It was silent for another moment while I continued crying. Fury finally spoke up and moved the super soldiers out of his way.

"Listen up, we aren't talking to you until you talk to us. I wanna know why you had a flash drive with files on all of the team and didn't bother to tell anyone. Did you get these from Hydra or give it to them? Have you been working with them this whole time? Is everything you told us fake? You better talk because as of right now, you are one of SHIELD's top threats."

I pause my crying and I sniffle. I stand up and look at them with disgust.

"You want me to talk? Fine i'll talk."

I start pacing the room and I could sense the slight fear in the room.

"Hydra took everything from me, literally everything. For a while they were all I had. On the mission we went on the destroy the last Hydra base, there was a man there. He used to know me. He was the one who experimented on me. He told me that a man named Eli who was their latest project."

Fury nods and twirls his fingers. "We know all that, get to the point miss y/l/n."

I pause and glare at him.

"After I had escaped Hydra back when I was 16 I found a small barn and stayed with a kid named Eli and we helped each other stay alive and out of trouble. One day Hydra found us and I thought I watched them kill my best friend in front of me. They shot what had to be hundreds of bullets through our little barn wall and I watched him flinch with every bullet that hit him. I only escaped because he told me to run. At the hydra base the scientist told me Eli was alive. I didn't believe him at first but when I looked at a flash drive I grabbed in the experimentation room, I saw the proof. I'm used to doing things of my own, it's how i've lived my whole life. I figured it was my fight so I left. I even did you favors! I gave you coordinates and yet you still doubt me? Pathetic."

The three men stay silent. They seemed to be in shock. Steve looked at me empathetically. "Y/n I-"

I snap at him. "No, I don't wanna hear it. I talked now you talk. Is he dead? I owe my life to that kid so I swear to god if you killed him, i'll kill you."

My stare is like daggers and it forces Steve to look away. Fury seems to believes me, he nods his head to Steve and Bucky and they walk towards the door behind Fury. I follow close behind them until we reach another door. We enter the small room and it leads to another cell. We stand in the room looking through a window into the cell.

He was definitely alive. He laid on the bed twitching. Every time he twitched he looked like he was glitching. He finally woke up a little while later and he shot up. Moments later he disappeared into the shadows. My eyes widened. I can't imagine the pain that had caused him. He reappeared right in front of the mirror staring into my eyes. I jumped, it felt like he was staring into my soul.

I can't help but shudder. I lunge for the door and feel someone's grip on my arm. I look back and see Bucky shaking his head. "He needs time."

I shake him off and continue towards the door. "Screw time."

I open the door and slip in, closing it behind me. I look up and he's turned from the mirror and is now facing me. He cocks his head and starts speaking Russian.

"Welcome. Hydras been looking for you. You've been the subject of many meetings. I wondered when I would finally meet you."

I squint at him and he looks like he's been lost to the Hydra soldier now inside him.

"You don't remember me huh? They must have really fried your brain. Don't you remember the barn? Our little self defense training? I practically made you!" I try to reason with him.

He just scoffs. "You didn't make me... Hydra did. You are just a weak and failed project."

I kick him to the ground. "You don't know me. You don't remember anything now, but I will make you remember even if it kills me."

He just smiles. "Fine then."

He lunges at me and tackles me to the ground. I manage to land a punch that knocks him out. Steve bursts through the door. "Y/n?! Are you okay? What the hell are you doing?!"

I just stand up and brush off my pale blue dress. "Relax Steve, I'm a big girl. I can handle myself."

He seems almost offended but I wave him off. I move over towards Eli and move his head to my lap. I start to him a song while stroking his head. I needed him to come back to me.