Vulara

The blue smoke disappears and I fall to the ground again. I lift my self to all fours and look up to see Loki standing in front of me.

"Take me back." I hiss. "I want out of this dream state or whatever this is."

Loki laughs and walks away from me slowly. "We aren't inside the communications device anymore i'm afraid." he says mockingly.

I look up to see the familiar darkness. I run my hands along the surface of the ground. It felt more.... real. No. There was no way. I fell back into a sitting position with my hands bracing me.

"H-how? Where?" I stutter, still in shock.

"I learned some new tricks, and when you have the power of gods, anything is possible.  As to where we are: we're on the planet Vulara. Home to the Udhar race." He smirks, pausing to look up at the sky.

I rise to my feet, my anger rising.

"You can't win Loki." I say quietly, raising my arms getting ready to charge.

I flick my wrists expecting to feel the energy pulsing through me. I'm shocked to feel nothing except a slight warmth. I look down to see nothing. I tilt my head.

"What did you do to me?" I ask him.

He looks over his shoulder. "All i've done is ensure you can't hurt me." He says before turning back around.

I scoff. Powers or not, I could still hurt him.

He continues to walk away and I quickly creep up behind him. He turns just in time to avoid a kick to his back.

He grabs my foot and tries to twist it so I fall. Instead of falling, I twist in the air and bring the other foot up, kicking the side of his face.

He staggers back and furrows his brows at me.

"Powers or not, I could still kick you off your little pedestal. You may think you're a god, but at the end of the day, you're just a puny man with too much testosterone thinking he owns the place." I scoff, staring him down.

He reaches for his scepter but I kick it away. I pick it up and point it at him. "Take me home. Now." I demand shaking the scepter at him.

He shakes his head. "I'm afraid I just can't. Not yet."

I take a step back. I used the end up the scepter to hit him in the side, hard. It actually hits him and he winces. I shrug. "No more tricks." I say backing away again.

"You know what you're doing is wrong. You're fighting for the wrong cause." I say calmly.

"It's right for me." Hs shrugs.

I shake my head. "You know Thor talks amazingly of you. To him, you were a hero, the last time you 'died' anyway. He talks highly of you. Gotta say I expected better." I sigh.

His facial expression becomes angrier. He jumps up and daggers form in his hand. I laugh.

"Come at me." I shrug.

He charges at me, daggers in hand and tries to stab me in the side. I use the scepter to block the attacks and them twirl it to knock him on his feet.

"How did you get so good at fighting?" He snarls , standing and stabilizing himself again.

"That's for me to know, and for you experience." I chuckle.

He narrows his eyes. He comes at me with more daggers.

"Do you just make those out of thin air?" I pant.

I push his wrists away with my wrists, blocking him again. I use my elbows to knock the new daggers out of his hands. I side kick him in the gut causing his to go flying backwards into a rock.

I stand over him. "You done?"

He smirks and reaches up for my head. His hand is pressed against my forehead and I gasp.

16 year old me is walking down a dimly lit concrete hallway. I reach a room with several dozen large men inside. I breath out in anticipation as someone speaks in Russian.

"Fight now. All of them. After, more experiments." The voice says.

They never spoke much to me. It was always brief. A man off to the side clicks a device and starts a timer. The large men around me charge me. They tackle me to the ground in moments.

It's silent for a second then I erupt from beneath them. I fight for another few minutes until the men have fallen in front of me. I pant and turn to the man with the clock.

"Too slow. Off to the lab, we can try again tomorrow." He says.

I take another deep breath as two more men come up beside me and push me forward. I gulp and start walking to the lab. Once I reach there I sit in a chair and wait.

The scientist walks in. At the time I don't know his name. His men strap me to the chair and place plastic in my mouth. I try not to show my panic as i'm hooked up to devices. I look to my sides to see something purple and dark. It's ominous glow scared me, but what choice did I have?

The scientist flips some switches and an unbearable pain surges through me. I scream through the plastic mouth pieces. It felt warm, painful, but somehow it felt powerful?

After half an hour the devices are turned off. They take the plastic piece out of my mouth and I pant, my energy drained.

They take me from the chair and drag me to my room. My prepubescent self lay on the rough bed trying to remain conscious. I knew if I blacked out, chances are I wouldn't wake up.

I lay shaking. I was scared. These experiments had been going on for months. All the pain and suffering all for their own benefit. I was more soldier than I was human or even child to them.

I was a child living through everyone's nightmare. Maybe HYDRA wasn't the good guys? It was all I had known my entire life. They kept me alive, but at what cost? Were they really doing it for me or for themselves? They told me I was fighting for the good guys but this didn't seem like something good guys would do.

His hands falls from my forehead and I stumble back, falling to the ground. I just relived all of my childhood trauma in 1 minute. It was too much.

I sit on the ground clutching my knees. All the pain I had gone through before. All the pain to get where I was now. It meant nothing. I was on a different planet. An alien planet. I wasn't going to get home.

Loki speaks but I don't listen. I zone him out. It didn't really matter anymore. It was for nothing. There was nothing I could do. Once again I was rendered useless.

Last Update: 02/13/21  10:56

Hey guys! Sorry it took a little longer today. I was super busy! Thank you all for all the votes and reads. This is all crazy! Love y'all!