Headache

Steve.

That was the source of the laughter. His laughter was joined by others. It sounded like 8 or 9 people. I recognized it all. A woman's quiet giggle. A mans booming laugh. Someone wheezing.

Friends. Good. What? I kept seeing glimpses of images or moments in my head. My head started to hurt. My eyes filled with tears. It hurt. I didn't know if it was the physical or emotional pain that was making me cry but either way it wasn't good.

"Y/n? Everything ok?" Someone calls through my earpiece.

I didn't honestly know how to react.

"Take the shot Y/n. Take the shot and get out" The voice pushes.

The people on the couch were still laughing. Clashing thoughts about these people rushed my brain.

I tightened my grip on the gun. I needed to do my job. One way or another if I didn't finish the job I would be punished. This was my life. No matter what my brain was trying to tell me.

I rest my finger on the trigger and take another breath. I turn around the corner, raise my gun and stop again. Why was I here? Did they forget to invite me to play? Did they forget about me? Were they afraid I would beat them?

Someone notices me. Clint.

"Y/n?" He asks.

That was me. This makes everyone's attention turn to me. They all sit there in shock and a few of them stand up. This scares me and I fire the gun. I think I purposely missed. The bullet hits the window behind them causing it to shatter. Now they're all alert.

I stand still and a few of them grab weapons from beside or on them. I lower my gun. It falls and hits the ground.

They look confused. A jolt of pain hit my head. I gasp ever so slightly and grab my head with my hands. Where was I again? This was home. Right? I don't know anymore. Pieces of memories were gone.

I look back up and they all have slightly relaxed their stances. "Are you ok?" A woman: Wanda asks.

I panic. I turn around and start running. The hallways looked familiar. I passed a room. The lab. I reach the stairs and glance behind me, there they were. Not far behind me was the people. My friends right?

I start to run up the stairs not stopping for air. I reach the top and there was a heavy metal door. I muster up all my strength and push the door open. The roof. It's dark. I run to the edge and look over into the city. I look up. The stars. I smile. I watched the stars with my mother.

I drop to my knees. My head was pounding. Memories came flooding in. I hear their voices as they reach the roof. More memories. The club. Steve and I watching the stars. Nat and Wanda helping me find dresses. Sam and I drinking. Helping Tony and Bruce in the lab. Peter admiring my gadget. It was all there. The memories of HYDRA were still there too. The people I killed. Probably innocent people with families. No.

I release a sob and I hear footsteps approach me. I feel arms around me. I look up.

"Stevie?" i ask through tears.

"I'm here. I'm here Y/n. We've got to get inside ok?" He gently answers.

I only shake my head and keep crying. "God what did I do? What did I do? No! I'm sorry. Im sorry. I can't. I-"

I'm stopped. A helicopter flies over us. They start shooting at us. My earpiece. It was on. They could hear everything.

I hear a voice on the earpiece. "SHOOT HER DOWN NOW! I DONT CARE IF WE LOSE HER SHE KNOWS TOO MUCH! TOO POWERFUL NOW!" The voice screams.

I rip the small device from my ear and stand up. Steve grabbed my arm. I turn to the door and see everyone else running for cover. Steve runs alongside me and we run as fast as we can. My feet don't even think. It's more of a reflex to run.

The door is only a few feet in front of me. Ouch. I fall to the ground. I was so close. Several bullets had hit me and they were still trying to get me. I could tell that I was going to pass out. I didn't have much strength in me right now. I felt my clothes start to become soaked with blood. I hear some people screaming at me.

With the last bit of strength I have left I turn myself over to face the helicopter. A purple mist forms in my hands and my eyes turn purple. I'm lifted from the ground.

I'm in a standing position with my hands to my side. Mocking the motion with my hands, I contort the helicopter, crushing it like a can. I fling it higher into the air and make it explode. The helicopter explodes and it looks like a tiny firework . I push the debris towards the water so it didn't hit any people who just so happened to be in the streets.

I sigh a breath of relief. That was over. I lightly go back to the ground but as soon as I touch the ground I collapse. The rest of the team looks around the sky and when they see it's clear they surround me. Tears streamed my face but I smiled at them.

I chuckle. "What a badass move huh?" I say weakly.

They laugh. That's what it was.Their laughter. Their laughter was what brought me back. Their laughter that brought me home. I lay on the ground and smile up at these people who cared so much for me. My friends. My family.

"I love you guys." I manage to get out before my eyes fall closed and I take a deep breath.

Hey guys! A lot kind of happened this chapter and I wanted to take this opportunity to say how grateful I am that you guys are all here! This was my first time writing something so thank you so much for the support! <3