Planning my nightmare

I woke up before Steve. I looked over at my clock and it was only 7. I lay in bed still cuddled against Steve careful not to wake him. I kept trying to think of a plan for today's meeting.

I stayed in bed for an hour being consumed by my thoughts. Steve finally started to stir and I smiled and kissed him on the cheek. "Good morning"

He laughs. "Good morning. We should do that more often. It was nice"

I nod in agreement. I smirk and he eyes me confused. I jump up on top of him and shower him in kisses. He returns my kisses and holds me around me waist. I smile and stop, hovering above his lips. "I need to shower. Sorry to stop your fun Cap." I laugh and push myself off him.
I see his shoulders drop and it only makes me laugh harder. "I'll see you at the meeting." I salute him and close the bathroom door behind me.

I take my shower and change into sweatpants and a tank top. I put my hair into a ponytail and slide socks onto my feet. I look at myself in the mirror. There she is.

I walk out of my room and grab and apple from the kitchen before going into the meeting room. Half the team was already there. I smiled and joined their conversations. It didn't take long for everyone to join us. Everyone was on time except Tony who walked into the room in the sassiest way possible. I rolled my eyes.

We were all talking when Fury walked into the room. "Morning." he nods at us. Some respond back, others just nod. "Ok, we all know what was on the note. What are we going to do about it?"

A few people speak up and give ideas but it all leads to arguing. I stay back in my seat, quiet. Steve notices my quietness and mouths at me: "You ok?". I smile weakly and nod.

They had been arguing for almost 20 minutes now. I couldn't handle it anymore. "SHUT UP!!"

Surprisingly, that works and the room goes silent. Fury looks at me pissed. "Look miss Y/n I-"

"Arguing isn't going to get us anywhere. We all know what needs to happen. Whether or not you want to say it." I look at all of them. They just look confused. I sit back in my chair and roll my eyes.

"I know it's not ideal.... but you've got to use me as bait. If you can figure out someplace where a man named Jaden Mack frequently visits I can go there and 'get caught'. Put a tracker on me and wait a day. Then get me and we blow up the place. Jaden goes to the headquarters and the man looking for me is there too. Severa birds with one stone." I shrug. I act as if I don't care but i'm shaking internally just thinking about it.

Fury raises his eyebrows almost impressed.

"No, just no. We have never and will never use our team mates as bait or leave them." Nat says harshly.

"Look I know you guys aren't fond of it but-"

"It's Hydra, how can you be ok with going back there. Chances are on that day they will torture you!" Bucky nearly shouts at me.

I try to stay calm. "I know. Believe me Buck, I know as well if not better than anyone. I don't want to do it, but it HAS to be done. I can't just sit around or tried some half-assed plan just because i'm scared. This is something that needs to be done." I respond.

I look over at Steve. "I told you that they would never get you again Y/n. I'm not breaking that promise." He argues.

I smile at all of them and take a deep breath. "Look, I know this is scary, but I wouldn't have suggested it if I didn't think we could handle it. I trust you all with my life. I love you guys but please. I'm begging you. Let me do this."

They sit in silence just looking at me, almost afraid to agree or disagree.  I look to Fury and nod. He decides for them.

"Ok i'll have my team find out about Mack." He says softly before leaving. I nod and watch him leave. I stand from my chair. "Ok guess that's done. I'm going to go watch a movie.. I think if anyone wants to join." I leave the room and none of them move.

I sigh. This was how I could avenge Eli, I owed him that much. I made some popcorn and sat at the couch, scrolling through the options. A few minutes later I hear the scuffle of footsteps and I turn to see the whole team jump onto the couch and join me. I smile. "How's men in black?"

They all say he's and I start the movie. Halfway into the movie I throw a little popcorn at Tony. I continue throwing a piece at him every few seconds until he snaps around.

"I swear to god Y/n I'm gonna-"

I throw a handful of popcorn at him before he finishes. I laugh until a pillow hits my face.

I hear Sam snicker. "Oh god it's civil war part two!"

I cock my head in confusion but everyone else either laughs or rolls their eyes. I minute later everyone is either throwing pillows or popcorn. I hid behind Steve while chucking popcorn at Tony still.

We all laughed and jumped around the living room.

"God i'm gonna miss you guys!" I say laughing.

They all stop and stare at me.

"What?" I laugh.

Their faces all turn to concern. "You will only be gone a day, then we'll get you back. You know that right?" Tony says sternly.

I sigh. "I know. I love you guys" I smile and everyone focuses back in on the movie. Although I was smiling I still couldn't stop thinking about how it would go down. Dark thoughts plagued my head.

I snapped back into it as Steve rubs my arm and pulls me close. The thoughts disappeared but they still roamed the back of my mind.