Chapter 33: I Just Want To Talk

Draco's POV:

I left the castle, my eyes landing on the person I've been trailing. I made my way to them, leaning on the railing looking out at the snow. 

"What the fuck do you want, Malfoy?" Phineas growled. 

I sighed, turning my head towards him, "Why the fuss? I just want to have a chat."

"Well I don't." Phineas turned around, only to see Slytherin students blocking the doors, their hands on their wands.

"Oh, yeah. I wouldn't try to leave if I were you." I smirked.

His mouth twitched with anger, so I continued, "Now, I was interested in you. In why you are the way you are. Being me, I decided to do some research on the Brown family. Funny how at the beginning of the year, when I showed interest in Epona, you went after her. For a bit, I thought it was just a coincidence, and she was just vulnerable. But then I read about what happened to your dear ol' dad."

Phineas pretty much stopped breathing. His face went pale, and I found myself smirking as I continued to talk, "Your dad decided to challenge my father to a duel. For which family was better. I guess your daddy shouldn't have made it a duel to the death. Maybe he would still be here."

"Shut up." He stuttered out.

"So you're trying to get back at my family by destroying the girl I want to be a Malfoy one day." I didn't stop, "But Phineas, My Dear Phineas, you forgot something important."

I walked up to him, and whispered in his ear, "You forgot who won that duel. And I'm not afraid to have the same thing happen." I paused for his reaction, "So if I find out you've done anything Epona is even slightly uncomfortable with, I won't hesitate to put you in your place."

I turned around to walk away and stopped, "Thanks for understanding, buddy."

The grin on my face was sinister, and my eyes were slightly wide. By the look on Phineas's face, I would say he's scared.

Good. Because he should be.

Epona's POV:

I didn't want to miss anymore class. But I had already left to go and everything in the halls looked scary, like it was caving in on me. I couldn't take it. August has already had to walk me back once now. I had been sitting on top of my bed, hugging my knees, the blanket wrapped around me. Professor McGonagall told me to come back to my dorm. She said I looked like I needed a rest, and if there was anything she could help with I just need to ask. 

But there was nothing wrong except me. 

There was a sudden loud knock, and I swear I jumped ten feet high, "EEP!" I screamed.

The room felt darker like that hallway again, closing in on me. I could feel his look on me again. I squeezed my eyes shut.

When I opened them, there was a concerned August standing there, holding a plate of grilled cheese and a bowl of tomato soup. He also had a glass of water, and a glass of lemonade. I love this meal. He looked very worried.

"I-I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." He paused, and smiled trying to be cheery, "I brought you your favorite."

My hands were still shaking a little bit, "Thank you..."

He nodded and placed the food down on my nightstand. August proceeded to motion his head towards the bed, asking if he could sit, and I nodded. His hair was back up in a bun on his head, and he had in a bright yellow hair tie.  

"Effie, are you okay? You don't need to tell me if you don't want to, but I just want to make sure you're okay. You haven't been yourself lately, and I just hope nothings wrong." Concern filled his voice.

I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out. I just buried my head in my blanket, guilty I couldn't speak to him.

He lifted my head, and gave me a soft smile, "Hey, it's okay. You don't need to say anything. I understand."

I felt myself smile sadly back at him, and I picked up my sandwich, taking a bite. My eyes widened, "I-Is this..."

August nodded, "Yep. The Queen Of All Grilled Cheese's. It has cheddar, special order american cheese, colby jack, monterey jack, munster, provolone, and a hint of gorgonzola." He grinned.

It was so tasty. And the bread was toasted, but not enough to make it all crunchy, but with a crunchy outside, and a soft inside. To some people it's too much cheese, but to me, it's perfect. Guess I'm a weirdo.  

But at least I'm proud about this weird part.

"Thank you, August....You didn't have to..." I mumbled, looking him in the eye.

He raised an eyebrow, smiling, "What are you talking about? Of course I had to. We're friends, right? Friends do this for each other, because this is what friends are for." 

I felt like I was gonna cry. Not necessarily sad tears, but happy ones. I didn't think anyone liked me that much.

August and I talked for a little while, and when I had asked him about his classes, he said he was excused because he wanted to take care of me. Then, I realized something and I had started laughing.

"What?" He asked, a smiled on his face.

"I just realized your name is August Sommars. And Sommars sounds like Summers, and August is a Summer month." He joined in on my laughing.

It wasn't even that funny, but I found it a bit silly. It was nice to have someone to laugh with. It's nice feeling this way.

I don't want this feeling to ever go away.