Chapter 68: Well, Thank You Darling

Epona's POV:

I sighed, standing outside Draco's room. According to Pansy, he hexed the girl, Merri, who had lied about him cheating on me. Apparently, it was something along the lines of 'You two weren't meant for each other. What have you done to deserve the fucking Slytherin Queen?' 

Funny. I'm actually being recognized for something I'm not. I'm just a common girl who happened to earn the attention of a rich git. And who happened to have a kink like that. And been the sister of Harry Potter helped gain the attention. Or more likely, gave the urge to show off. Because that's what Draco Malfoy does.

Life is a game of Show and Tell to him. And he enjoys showing off what makes him better than everyone else. His money, social/blood status, his looks -hence why he keeps his chest bare in his uniform- and his pyromancer, twin sister of the Boy Who Lived, girlfriend. Who, if I do say so myself, is mildly attractive. Would be more if it weren't for my stupid skin.

I lifted my arm to knock on the deep brown door but it swung open before I did. Draco stood there, shirtless, a mixture of sweat and water running down his body. Now, it wouldn't be the first time I've seen him shirtless, but it still gets me each time. 

My eyes moved downwards, and I gulped. I shook my head a bit and looked back up to his eyes. They were back to those intense grey ones that I know so well. Then they fell on the purple circle right above his cheek.

"Hi." I squeaked, not realizing how high my voice had gotten.

He smirked, "Hello, Darling. Are you here to punch me again?"

I grimaced, "Yeah, sorry about that."

Draco just gave me a smug look, and held my chin up with his finger, "I'd love to be punched a hundred more times if it were by you, Darling." He leaned in, his voice like honey in my ear, "I love the blood if it's drawn by you, my dearest Darling." He then bit the tip of my ear.

I shivered, gulping once again. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck me-

"S-So, I um...I made you this." I held out a small black box, the outer fabric soft, "I-It's not the greatest, but I tried and I just um...

Before I could finished he grabbed the box and opened it. His smug smile grew wider, "Potter, you really didn't have to."

I bit my lip as he put the ring on his middle finger, and he continued, "Now I can flip people off in style."

"I-It's not that great. Just a piece of silver and a pink Alexandrite I bought." I twisted my fingers together, "You probably don't like pink, but I think it looks good on you..."

"I love it." I stopped talking and looked up at him, "Stop doubting yourself and everything else. Like how you doubted my love to you." He smiled softly, tracing his hand down my face, "You know you're mine. You just forget sometimes. Just promise me you won't, and you know I'll remind you when you think I don't." 

I smiled, "I love you, Draco Malfoy."

"I love you too, Epona Potter. And I'm going to spend every minute I can with you."

Soon it was winter break, and Draco left to go to his family. He offered to bring me with him so that I could meet his parents again, but I refused. For two reasons.

One, because I can't make myself a nice outfit to wear, and I'm not showing up to a rich persons home, not people as fancy as the Malfoy's, looking like...well me.

Two, I can't get his father out of my mind. The hooded black cloak he wore as he submitted to Voldemort. The way he watched me scream as the torture curse was put on me. The way he was going to let my brother die. How he had such little of a heart that he couldn't even look me in the eye as he watched me almost die.

The man is a coward. I'm keeping his not-quite secret for the sake that I love his son. And if it would hurt Draco if everyone found out that his father was still a Death Eater, than protect my Love I will. Because I know Draco would do the same for me.

And I despise cowards. Every time I see Mr. Lucius Malfoy I see how he thinks of me as a lower version of my younger brother. How he's scared of me going off the deep end and burning everything that touches my finger tips because he, and everyone else, knows that I'd love to see the world burn.

But that is a story and mental problem for another day. I'm just going to spend my winter break peacefully and working on training myself and others in the Defense Against the Dark Arts. Fun. Though my hands beg to be on a sewing machine and fabrics again, I just don't have any. Even August has run out and we all know enchanted fabrics just aren't as well...nice to work with to me.

So, instead I'll work on trying to control my fire power in an empty classroom. Probably should dust the place off first. Don't want any accidents happening. Because if what I've heard from Trelawney is true, I really don't want to burn the world that my friends live in. That my brother lives in. That my Love lives in.