Chapter 56: Look, I Tried

Epona's POV:

I sighed, sitting down in a chair in the empty library. I tried to talk to Ron and Harry, but they just ignored me. Assholes. I guess I'm the asshole, though. I mean, I just kissed my boyfriend in public. Are Draco and I dating though? I mean, we've told each other that we love each other, which we both mean, and we've made out once. Does that make you a couple? Or do we have to actually, like, say we're dating out loud?

I heard a chair get pulled out from next to me, and I raised an eyebrow when I saw Blaise sitting with me. I inspected him closely, trying to see if I could get anything out of him before either of us spoke. Nope, he's like a brick.

"Hey, Blaise. What's up?" I asked, closing the book I was reading.

He leaned on his elbow, "Nothing much. Just relaxing. How about you? Fulfilling your duties as Prefect I assume?"

I nodded, "Yeah. I've been trying to only give out detentions when needed, but it's hard to determine that." I laughed a bit.

"Nothing else though?" He asked, and I looked at him confused.

"Not really. I mean, I've been studying a lot, because it's our O.W.L year and I want to be prepared to I don't fail." I said simply, feeling his eyes on me.

"Mm." He made a noise and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"What are you up to, Blaise?" I asked, a suspecting tone in my voice.

He put his hands up pretending to be innocent. There was a smirk on his face, "I have no idea what your talking about, Effie."

I gave him a look, and he just smiled, "Alright, you win. I've been sent here because a very special someone has been waiting."

I scoffed, "I'm trying to study, so tell the git that I'm busy. And if it's that important, Malfoy can come down here himself." I stated, opening my book back up.

Blaise made a sort of pained, yet still smirking look on his face, "Yes, ma'am. I'll make sure to tell 'the git' that you're too busy for him." He got up and left the Library.

I put my head in my hands. It had started hurting again lately, and the woman's voice grew louder. Every time I tried to tell Harry about it he would just bring up how his scar was the thing that was magical and a Voldemort detector, so there's no point in trying to talk about it. She would tell me the things I'm already thinking. Except recently it's been about how I'm going to cause Draco to die. I don't like those conversations. 

Eventually, I felt myself falling asleep on the book, but I forced myself awake by drinking hot coffee. The urge to go to bed is very large, but at the same time I don't want to. I need to stay awake. But the fact that the library is never fully lit and is very dark isn't helping. I checked the time on my phone, and it had only been five minutes since Blaise left. Holy shit it feels like it's been so much longer.

I jumped as I heard someone clear their throat from the other side of the room. I squinted, and I lit my hand ablaze, holding it up to the figure. I gulped, staring at Draco.

Now, it took me some getting used to to have see parts of his chest from his uniform, but that was nothing compared to this. His messy blonde hair was dripping wet, falling in his face covering one of his eyes slightly. And holy shit did he need to put a shirt on. And pants. I'm assuming he just took a shower seeing as he had a lack of clothes besides a towel.

I felt my face get hot, and my body tensed.

"Fucking horny ass pervert." I mumbled, and Draco smirked as he approached me.

"I was so upset when I heard that you wouldn't meet me, Darling." He smirked, sitting down in the chair next to me, "So I followed what you said. I came down here myself. Did I do what my Queen wanted?"

I scrunched up my nose at him, "S-Shut up. You're lucky I'm wearing your sweatshirt." I took off his sweatshirt and handed it to him. He then twirled my hair in his fingers.

"You do know that I only do things when you tell me I can, right? I need to hear the words come out of your mouth. Otherwise, I guess nothing ever happens between us."

I turned to him, "Are we dating? Like...are you my boyfriend?"

He smirked, "I would love to have that honor."

I thought for a moment, then asked, "But don't we have to go on like dates or something? I've never been on a date before..."

Draco lifted my hand and kissed it, "Then I'll set up the perfect date for you."

I smiled, "You don't have to."

"Of course I do. You deserve it. After all, I have to prove myself as better than him." 

"You already have." I smiled softly and kissed him, and before he could put his arms around me I covered him with his sweatshirt, "Now go put some clothes on."

Draco got up, and stood in the doorway, a smirk on his face, "Looks like I'll give you another perfect first than just a date."

I bit my lip really hard. Damn is he so fucking hot. Sure, he's a pervert, but he's my pervert. Unlike Phineas. Turns out he was cheating on me.

I trust Draco. I know I shouldn't, seeing as his father is a Death Eater who wants to murder me for his master, but Draco isn't his father. I think Draco hides his fear of becoming his father behind a mask. I feel bad, but I know he isn't his father. The fact that he's working on making something perfect for someone other than himself just about proves it. 

I really do love him. 

And I think my views may be changing because of it.

But that's the thing.

I like not being the hero.