Chapter 13: The Angel Said Yes

Epona's POV:

I stood in the hallway, waiting for  August, since I got my schedule. It had been a few minutes, then I saw him walking towards me. I smiled and waved, and he did back. His hair was tied back into a small bun on his head, with a chunk still down, framing the left side of his face. It looked really good. 

"I love your hair today!" I said, catching up to him.

"Really? Thanks, I slept in a bit late by accident. My friend had me up really late." He laughed, "Barely had time to get my hair up. I like having it, keeps it out of my eyes."

I smiled, "I feel that. My hair just gets everywhere."

"Oh, and I like what you've done with your uniform." He looked me up and down, but it wasn't in a weird way.  I just put on tights, wrapped my sweater around my waist, unbuttoned the top button, and had my tie slightly loose. Nothing special. 

I gasped, "That reminds me!" I pulled out my schedule and handed it to him, "I got my schedule last night. There was also something I wanted to ask you." I smiled, pulling out a tiny slip of paper that had my number on it.

"Yes?" He asked in response, his eyebrow raised.

I gulped, "I-I have" I took a deep breath. This is a lot harder than I thought for some reason, "Iwanttomakenewuniformsfortheschoolandithinkyou'dbeperfectasamalemodelformewouldyoudoit?" He started laughing, and my heart dropped. I knew I shouldn't have asked-

"I don't think you took a breath that entire sentence." He put his hand to his mouth as he laughed a bit, "That was adorable. Of course I'll model for you." He smiled brightly at me, and I felt like I was glowing.

Then it hit me, I sighed, "I don't have any fabrics. Or a sewing kit...." The Dursleys had let me use their spare clothes and stuff to mess around with. I think it was because they were scared of me.

He smiled and put his hand up, "Hey, I have a friend who has all that stuff. I'm sure he'd love to hook you up!"

"Really! Thank you so much, August!" I hugged him, and he hugged me back.

"Annnnd, we're here. Wanna sit next to each other?" He asked as we entered the Potions room.

"Of course!" I grinned.

I sat down in the seat next to the aisle, and August sat against the wall. It started taking notes when I felt something messing with my hair. I shifted in my seat, thinking I had just had it pressed up against the chair wrong. But it continued. I turned around to see none other Draco Malfoy, twisting my hair between his fingers.

"What are you doing." I hissed, trying to keep my voice to a whisper.

He just smirked at me, "I don't know what you're talking about."

I rolled my eyes, "Stop messing with my hair." I whispered, and Professor Snape cleared his throat, staring at me.

"Would you like to explain how to make a wit-sharpening potion if you don't believe you need to pay attention in my class, Miss Potter?"

I gulped, "Um, no. I'm sor-"

"Even your brother payed more attention. I thought you would've appreciated your classes more. I guess I was wrong." Snape said, a partially disgusted look on his face. 

I felt my cheeks heat up red and I sunk down in my seat. 

This torment by Draco had continued throughout the day until I had just had enough. I walked down the hall with August, who seemed concerned.

"I thought you and Malfoy were friends."

"I did too."

He thought for a moment, "Either he hates you, or he's just super into you. I think that's how this boys twisted mind works."

"Maybe. But why would he hate me? What did I do wro-" I felt my foot hook on something and I fell flat onto my face. 

There was laughing coming from the right side of me. I look over to see Draco and his goons laughing their asses off. I stood up with the help of August and I was done.

"What the fuck is wrong with you!?" I yelled, and attention had turned to us. My nose was bleeding, but I couldn't care less.

"Shh, Epona, you'll alert the teachers." Draco winked.

I walked up to him, and bitch slapped him so hard, his cheek was red. Everyone froze, but I don't give a shit that they're watching.

"I have been nothing but nice to you this whole time! Is it because your friends are around that you don't want to be seen being nice to me? Am I that much of a disgrace to you?! ANSWER ME!" I felt tears stream down my face.

"Epona," He reached out for my hand, a worried look on his face.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" I slapped his hand away in one swift movement. But it wasn't just my hand.

There was a trail of fire and it burned Malfoy's arm. My knees buckled, and I felt an arm wrap around my shoulders, pushing through the crowd getting me out of there and to a quiet place.

August stood across from me, and I slid down the wall, staring at my shaking hands. What was happening to me?

"Did you know you could do that?" August asked.

I shook my head no.

He thought for a moment, "I think you have a divination class. You can ask the professor about it then."

"did i hurt him? will he be okay?" I whispered, and August gave me a sad and pitiful look.

"Yeah. It probably won't leave a scar on his face, but his arm might be scarred a bit from that burn. But it won't be painful. Plus, he's a cruel and arrogant asshole. He deserves it." August added, then realized that it wasn't making me feel any better.

"you don't know what i'll have to go threw now. the pain, probably more bullying...." I started but he just got a sad look on his face.

"Except I do know what you're talking about. I had to experience bullying that was bad before I got here. And because of that bullying, I'm too scared to tell anyone." He took a deep breath, "But I'll tell you if you want. I'm here for you, Effie. I promise."

"you don't have to tell me if you're not comfortable..." I said.

"Nah, I will. I need to tell someone. It's not that big of a deal though..." He took another deep breath and said, "I'm gay."

I blinked my eyes twice in confusion, "Uhhhh...."

Then his cheeks turned pink in realization, "You don't know what that means do you?" He chuckled as I shook my head no, "It means I like boys."

I smiled brightly, "Eeeyyyyy! I do too! Look at us, having so much in common." 

He smiled what seemed like a real smile for the first time since I met him. Then I gasped, "I need to get to my next class!"

We both jumped up, and waved good bye because we were going in different directions.  I saw Harry, Hermione and Ron walking outside. That's exactly where I'm headed.

"Hey, Harry! Can I walk with you?"