Chapter 71: Oh My Gods

Third Person POV:

As Epona sat down to talk to her friends, it was only a few minutes before she felt people behind her. She turned around to see August and Cassie, both grinning ear to ear.

She raised an eyebrow, "You guys seem happier than usual."

Cassie nodded, "Yep! We have the greatest of news!"

Epona smiled, "Ah. What did you convince the teachers to let you get?"

She knew by now the patterns of her friends. Cassie is a theatre student and everyone knows theatre kids have their quirks. Cassie's is that when she's convinced someone to do something, or let her do or get something, she starts talking like she's from the olden days. Epona caught onto it pretty quickly.

August spoke this time, brushing a strand of his brown hair behind his ear, "We got a karaoke machine. We're having a karaoke night, Effie!"

Epona loved singing. She did it in her free time since her sewing machine was taken away. Just to keep her busy. But she'd never sing in front of people, let alone in front of a party of kids. Ron, Hermione and Harry liked the idea as well, saying they'd get their friends to attend too if they weren't already.

"We put posters all around the halls. Everyone is welcome. It's gonna be great. There's going to be food, decorations, more food, games, typical things at a party. But the music is going to be sung by us students!" Cassie exclaimed, her eyes shimmering with excitement.

"I'll make sure to show up. I can't wait." Epona grinned, pushing up the sleeve of her sweater.

Now, Epona decided that she wasn't going to change her clothes or makeup for the party, seeing as it was casual and she was feeling lazy. Though she was happy she wouldn't have to go up there. Cassie made a wonderful introduction to the night. August had got on the stage, declaring he would be the first to sing so that everyone else can feel comfortable if they aren't the first one's to make a fool of themselves.

And of course, like the king he fucking is August started singing Strawberries and Cigarettes. Epona sipped her fruit punch, smiling. He's actually really good. She giggled as she heard a guy next to her saying he can't compete with that.

Epona smirked when August had walked up to the boy when he was done and someone else took over, and he kissed him. It was nice to see that August found somebody. Epona wandered around for a little bit, going back to the food table whenever she wanted a slice of chocolate cake.

Then, Cassie got back up on stage.

"Now Now everyone, I know that we all want to get back to the great voices up here, but there's someone here who has been avoiding going." Murmurs spread through the crowd, and then a spotlight appeared over top of Epona, "Introducing Hogwarts very own Pyromancer Slytherin Queen, Epona Potter, everyone!"

People hollered and Cassie held out her hand, "Get up here Effie!"

She shook her head, then walked up to the stage. The kids cheered as she flipped one of her braids over her shoulder. Epona picked up the mic, smiling.

"Well, I guess if everyone wants me to-" More cheers as a yes, "Then I have to please my audience."

She took a deep breath, pulling out her phone, which was connected to the machine.  The song started playing, and her emerald eyes looked like they were glowing in the light.

"We're in the homestretch of the hard times

We took a hard left, but we're alright
Yeah, life sure can try to put love through it, but
We built this right, so nothing's ever gonna move itWhen the bones are good, the rest don't matter
Yeah, the paint could peel, the glass could shatter
Let it rain 'cause you and I remain the same
When there ain't a crack in the foundation
Baby, I know any storm we're facing
Will blow right over while we stay put
The house don't fall when the bones are goodCall it dumb luck, but baby, you and I
Can't even mess it up, though we both try
No, it don't always go the way we planned it
But the wolves came and went and we're still standingWhen the bones are good, the rest don't matter
Yeah, the paint could peel, the glass could shatter
Let it rain 'cause you and I remain the same
When there ain't a crack in the foundation
Baby, I know any storm we're facing
Will blow right over while we stay put
The house don't fall when the bones are good
When the bones are goodBones are good, the rest, the rest don't matter (baby, it don't really matter)
Paint could peel, the glass could shatter (oh, the glass, oh, the glass could shatter)
Bones are good, the rest, the rest don't matter (ooh)
Paint could peel, the glass, the glass could shatter (yeah)When the bones are good, the rest don't matter
Yeah, the paint could peel, the glass could shatter
Let it rain (let it rain, let it rain)
'Cause you and I remain the same (woo)
When there ain't a crack in the foundation (woo)
Baby, I know any storm we're facing
Will blow right over while we stay put
The house don't fall when the bones are goodYeah, ooh"

Epona inhaled deeply when she was done, her eyes staring on the crowd, which had almost started screaming with cheers. Her cheeks were a bright red from all the attention and praise, and she bit her lip nervously.

"Fucking aye, Effie!" August yelled from the crowd, and she held back a giggle.

It was Hermione who yelled, "Sing another!"

She smiled, her hands on her hips, "Only if it's a duet. No way I'm going solo again."

"I'll sing with you." A voice called, and the crowd parted.

It was none other than the pale blonde haired, grey eyed boy she'd been missing her whole break. Draco Malfoy stepped onto the stage, taking the other microphone. He eyed his girlfriend up and down, smirking. She was wearing the sweater he gave her. In a way, Draco found it amusing how tightly he had her wrapped around his finger. Then again, he was also wrapped around hers.

He then hit play on a song that they both know, and Epona smiled, a fire dancing in her eyes. They didn't look away from each others eyes until it kicked in a bit more.

After the song and they got off the stage, Epona wrapped her arms around his neck, purring into his ear, "I missed you."

Draco felt her body heat up as she pressed up against him in the hug, and he hugged her back.

"I missed you too, Epona."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's a list of the songs and the people in my story who sang them.

Strawberries and Cigarettes by Troye Sivan - August

Best Friend by Rex Orange County - Cassie

All The Small Things by Blink 182 - August's Boyfriend (Ashton)

Other songs - Random Kids

The Bones by Maren Morris - Epona

Peer Pressure by James Bay and Julia Michaels - Draco and Epona

Other songs - Random Kids