Chapter 63: Will You Shut The Fuck Up

Epona's POV:

When I left my most boring class, Defense Against the Dark Arts, I ran into Harry losing his mind about not being able to play Quidditch, but the Slytherins could.

"Have you ever thought that the Slytherins are suck ups to the people they have to suck up to to get their way? And oh, I don't know, Umbridge really doesn't like you." I sighed, trying to read The Lord of The Rings.

"She doesn't like you either!" He raised his voice, and I groaned.

"Wow, you pointed out the obvious. Good for you, genius." 

He scoffed, then rubbed his temples, "I'm sorry, Effie it's just that horrid woman..."

I looked at him sadly, "I get it. She's a total bitch."

When we got to the fire for Sirius, they started wondering places to go for the next meeting, as if I hadn't said what I did. I cleared my throat loudly, and they turned to me.

"I had mentioned at the meeting the Room of Requirement."

Hermione gave me a look, "Yes, but I can't seem to find it anywhere."

"That's because your not looking in the right place." I shrugged, and they all looked at me like I was weird.

But Sirius grinned, "That sounds like a fantastic idea! Nice thinking, Effie."

I smiled, "Thank you."

Then Sirius disappeared, and a stubby ringed hand appeared out of the fire, right where Sirius's head had been. I jumped backwards, my arm around Harry as Umbridge's hand moved around as if trying to grab where Sirius's hair had just been.

"She's been reading your mail, Harry!" I said, and he gave a grim outraged look.

"Do you think she was the one who attacked Hedwig?" He growled.

Hermione gave a serious look, "I'm almost certain of it."

"This bitch needs to be stopped." I growled as well. What the fuck kind of person abuses animals?

I was standing in the halls reading my book. I've been so into it lately, and so excited to buy the next one. Then, it was snatched out of my hands, and a rule was put up. I glared at Umbridge, who had that stupid sickly smile on her face.

"No books written by muggles or half-breeds allowed." 

"Guess I can't write you any essays, can I?" I retorted, and she gave me a look, "Since you know, I'm a half-breed."

She had just walked away making that "hem hem" noise. I wanted to throw something so bad. I wanted to burn the bitch till she was just ashes on the ground. How dare she take my book from me? 

The trio contacted me and told me to meet them outside the Gryffindor tower at half past seven. I made it to them, and Harry pulled out his map, confirming where the people in the building were. 

"So you trust Dobby and reminds you of Dumbledore but not me?" I whispered.

"No. You couldn't remember which floor it was on. Hence why I didn't go with it right away." Harry shrugged, and we made our way up to the seventh floor.

We did that weird thing, like how I accidentally did when I wanted to work out in the beginning of the school year, and the doors appeared. I grinned.

"Told you so." I said as we walked inside.

Soon enough, people started arriving, and I sat down on a chair that was conveniently there for me. Then, when Hermione asked who should be leader, Cho immediately said Harry. And I could tell he might've had a heart attack. Then Hermione was all like, let's put it up to a formal vote, and everyone raised their hands, including me of course, and it was decided.

"But Effie is going to help me. Like a co-leader." He smiled at me, and I smiled back.

Then came the name. They all wanted it to be Dumbledore's Army, but I grimaced. I gave them all a concerned look.

"Um, what if we get caught? Wouldn't this just get Dumbledore into deeper shit than he's already in? I mean, we're a bunch of kids..." I pointed out, and there were grumbles of disagreement when Harry put his arm around me.

He grinned, "That's why we won't get caught."

There was a knot in my stomach. I have a bad feeling about this.

Because we're Potters. When does anything go our way?