Chapter 53: FUCK YEAH

Epona's POV:

If I'm being honest, I don't know what happened to me. I just started getting...Good. I have an A in every class except Potions, but even that's a C+. 

It's like, I feel slightly good about myself. Actually, a lot better about myself since Draco tells me everyday. Either he's done some Voodoo shit to me, or he's managed to convince me to convince myself I'm worth the air I breathe. Either are great if I'm being honest.

But....At the same time, it's getting very hard to ignore the feelings I have for him. Okay, I get it, it's super cliche and all. Though I really have no chance compared to literally any other girl - seeing as they've at least kissed him before- it doesn't mean that I have to ignore him in general. In fact, I figure it's getting very easy to...

What did Fred call it? Flirt I think is what he said. Both the brothers and Lee were questioning me on why I was asking, and then of course they suggested Draco because of how much time I spend with him. And from the looks on their faces, assuming from the feeling of my face getting hot, they knew they were right. So now three seventeen year old goofballs know who my crush is. That's just fantastic.

They did give me good advice besides the teasing of the girls always like bad boys, or the fire and ice. It's not my fault that I find the fact that he thinks he's better than everyone else, that he's kind of an asshole to ninety percent of people, and the countless other things that most people would call unlikable traits despite his looks. But I find it very attractive.

Now I'm getting off track. Why does my mind go to him at pretty much every second? 

I sat in my seat in Transfiguration, staring at my snail in my seat next to Hermione. She had already turned her snail invisible, and she was trying to get me to do it. I took a deep breath, and said the spell.

On the second try, I did it. I jumped into the air, yelling, "FUCK YEAH!" 

The whole class turned to me, and laughed a bit as McGonagall shot me a disapproving but also approving look. I sat back down, a smirk on my face.

"Heh. That snail didn't stand a chance. Wait till Draco hears about this." I relaxed in my chair.

Hermione raised an eyebrow, "Are you two dating or something?"

My body tensed, "What?"

"You two are always holding hands in the hallways, and when you're alone together in the library you're always sitting super close to each other..." She continued, and I felt my face get hot.

"N-No. We're not dating. We're just really good friends..." I forced a smile through my own disappointment of hearing the words come out of my mouth.

Hermione sighed in relief, "Good. I wouldn't want that git to do another stupid thing and break your heart. You've been through enough..."

"He wouldn't...." I mumbled, and she looked at me. Then, her eyes widened, sparkling.

"Oh my god...You like him!" She whisper screamed, and I covered her mouth, feeling the tips of my ears getting hot.

"Shush!" I quieted her, but she didn't look like she was going to shut up.

"i knew it! i knew since the Quidditch game that you two would get along but who would've guessed this much." She winked, and I wanted to die, "i guess fire and ice do fit well together."

"shut up..." I whined, and Hermione was giddy. She eyed me, and continued.

"you don't look as happy about it as I thought you would." 

I sighed, "you don't get it. do you even know how many girls goggle at him each day? girls who are so much prettier than me, richer than me, better social status, overall just better." I mumbled and she slapped me.

Wide eyed, I stared at her, "what the hell!" I whisper screamed.

"are you kidding me? you're the only girl who even remotely fits with him. the rest of those girls have nothing on you, Effie. have some confidence." 

Her words hit me, and I realized she was right. How dare they even try to steal him from me? I want him, so why don't I just take him? It can't be that hard. 

Later that night, after having to do another set of lines for Umbridge, I made my way to the common room. It was dimly lit as usual, and I looked around. It was oddly empty for this hour. Maybe they all decided to go fuck with the first years. Or to bother Harry.  I wouldn't put it past them. Harry's been telling me about how big of an ass Draco is, and honestly it just makes me want him more. It's very fucking weird. Guess it fits with my weird fucking mind.

I took another step, and I noticed that there was someone sitting on the couch. I only got a glimpse of the glimmer of messy white-blonde hair and the shimmer of a button on a mostly unbuttoned shirt. I smiled, and strode towards the couch.

I sat down, swinging my legs over Draco's and his attention turned to me. He raised an eyebrow with a smile on his face as he looked me up and down.

"Hello, Epona." He said, his voice low, sending a bit of a shiver down my spine. It's obvious he could tell.

"Mm...Hi, Malfoy." I purred, and he smirked. I recently started calling him his last name to him, but it wasn't in a formal way. More of a way that it's just what I call him.

He turned his body towards me, "What brings you here this fine evening? What happened to hanging out with the Golden Trio?"

I sat up a little bit, "You know how it is. I found something much more fun to do. I'll hang out with them tomorrow."

"Oh?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow with that stupid smirk on his face still, "What's so much more fun?"

I hummed, then laid back down, my legs still on him, "You're a smart boy. Figure it out."

Then, he grabbed my arms, yanking me upwards and I was sitting on his lap. I laughed a little bit. Draco pushed a hair out of my face, then started threading it between his two fingers, "I'm much more than just a 'smart boy', darling." He purred, his intense grey eyes staring into mine, and I think he knows he's winning in the battle of wills.

"Really? I wouldn't know." I lifted my chin upwards, then purposefully didn't look into his eyes to seem annoyed, "Other girls would though, wouldn't they?"

He laughed, and I think I actually physically shook, then cleared my throat softly.

"Is my darling jealous?" I didn't answer, and he laughed again, then pulled my chin down in his hand, making me look him in the eyes again, "You don't have to worry about them. They're not good enough for me. Simply play things because the toy I want I haven't gotten yet."

I raised an eyebrow, my hair falling over my shoulder and partially covering his face, "And who is it that you want?" I leaned in closer, and he did too.

I felt his cool minty breath on my face, tickling my face as his smirk grew wider. He leaned into my neck, then whispered in my ear.

"You."