Chapter 64: And You Think You're Valid Why?

Epona's POV:

"Oh please. I don't think Expelliarmus is going to help us against You-Know-Who, do you?" Zacharias crossed his arms over his chest.

"I've used it against him." Harry said plainly, "It saved my life last June."

Zacharias had his mouth open slightly, looking stupid and no one spoke.

I checked my nails, glancing at the blonde boy, "But if you think it's beneath you, you can leave."

No one moved. Harry flashed me a smile, then continued. I ducked as the incorrectly done spells flew everywhere, just missing my head. Harry started off being a pair with Neville, but then asked him to practice with Ron and Hermione as he walked around the room. I stayed sitting cross legged on the floor. Soon enough, it was ten past nine, and we all had to get going before we got caught. 

I left last, making sure no one left anything behind and it was all good.

But when I made it to my common room, I tried to sneak my way up to girls dorms, but a voice rang out from the darkness.

"Where have you been, darling?" Draco asked, his grey eyes cold.

I felt my body freeze. Shit. I had told Draco I'd be back by eight thirty latest. I forced a smile.

"Oh you know, I got caught up doing homework with Hermione." He swiftly got up and headed towards me.

He sighed, lifting my chin up with his finger, "I don't like being lied to. Tell me the truth. Where were you?"

I didn't know what to say. There was a ball in my throat, and all of a sudden I found myself crying. "I-I'm sorry..." I whispered, and it's almost as if he softened at the simple words and tears running down my face.

"Would you like to sleep in my room?" I nodded, burying my head into the crook of his neck, and he picked me up.

I don't know why I started crying. It wasn't to get out of anything, it's just like...everything is just falling in on me again. Or that I don't want everything to fall in on me. Why can't I just be better? Why do I feel shame every time I eat?

Why does only Draco telling me I'm better than other people make me feel better?

Why does only Draco telling me that I matter make me feel better?

I shouldn't be with him. It probably isn't going to end well. As compatible together as we are, I don't want him to have to deal with my emotional bullshit. Draco deserves better than me. Yet, I can't pull myself away from him. It's selfish, I know, but I can't help myself. Every time I get too hot, he cools me down. His coldness is different to the vibe his father or even friends give off. It's comforting. 

I buried my head in his chest, my arms still around him as I fell asleep. It's been a long day. And all I want to do is relax for once in my life. And he's the one who helps me relax. Draco brushed his fingers through my hair, rocking me to sleep.

I woke up, and day by day more rules were put up. Including that girls and boys must be at least six inches away from each other. That's bullshit. I was walking in the hallways, complaining about it with August.

He laughed, "Jokes on you, bitch, I'm gay as fuck." I smiled, and he continued, "Because dicks are hot, and tits are not-" He laughed, and so did, high fiving him.

"That's just a stupid rule though. Like, why am I not allowed to hold hands with my boyfriend as we walk to class? It's not like I'm fucking him in the hallway." I sighed, rubbing my temples, "All her rules are bullshit."

"I know right! I had to hide the books my brother gave me from her school. He loves Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children so much, it would crush him if Umbridge took them." August sighed.

August's family life wasn't good. His parents are really transphobic, and they only just started to accept the fact that August is gay. Much less to find out their son is a trans boy. They keep calling him, she and her, when he's obviously uncomfortable with it, but there's nothing he can do since his little brother, Luca, hasn't shown any magical properties and is already eleven. It's even worse that his parents keep dead naming him, Lucy, just to make Luca uncomfortable.

August said he made a promise to his little brother that when he comes of age and has the money, he's going to get him out of there. He's honorable, to say the least. He'd risk it all for Luca. He'd risk it all for his friends.

In fact, him and Cassie have been trying to convince Draco to join they're friend group with me. He keeps rejecting them though, just because his friends are around. If I'm being honest, I think he wants to be a the fourth person in our group. But he has to keep up the little show he has going on. Or he just doesn't want to admit to himself that he's better off with us weirdos.

Cassie even went off on him once, poking her finger into his chest hard and yelled, "One day you're going to realize who your real friends are, Draco Malfoy. And I guarantee you it's not going to be those dumb fucks standing behind you." She then flipped her hair in his face and walked away. 

He just stood there dumb struck, and when Goyle gave him shit about not insulting her, Draco yelled at him, "Shut up you fucking gremlin. Don't you even dare think you have any right to say anything to me, or those three for that matter."

Blaise told him he was going soft, and in response Draco held his wand up to Blaise's throat, and growled, "Does it look like I'm soft to you now, Zabini?" 

That was the end of that conversation. 

It had taken a bit for the people in D.A to actually trust me. I had started correcting peoples forms and how they were saying things, and it helped them. Even Zacharias Smith grumbled a thank you to me. Apparently I'm not as bad as people thought as I was. Big fucking surprise there.

I think it's also because Neville and I have become pretty good friends, and he's even kinda of friends with Cassie and August, though I think Cassie makes him a bit nervous with how outgoing she is. And if we're being honest, if Neville can trust a Slytherin, then that Slytherin is probably a good person. Even if they're dating the biggest git in the school.

As we were all leaving, I almost made it back to the dorms until I was pulled into a storage closet. I reached for my wand, but a cold hand covered mine, and I smiled, raising an eyebrow.

"Whatcha doin', Malfoy?" I asked, and it's like his steel grey eyes glowed in the dim light of the closet.

"Oh nothing much." He purred, then started to kiss my neck, and I wrapped my arms around his, leaning more against the wall.

I laughed, my voice still quiet, "Really? Right here? What if we get caught?"

Draco looked up smirking, his usually slicked back hair, slightly wet and messy, hung in his face, "That's what makes it fun, don't you think?"

"You know I do." I purred into his hair as he leaned back in, continuing. I smirked, then whispered in his ear, "Do what you please, Malfoy."

I covered my mouth slightly from a small gasp when he bit my neck a little harder. My leg was in between his, and he shoved his body up against mine, unbuttoning my shirt, and continued to kiss and bite down my collarbone. I shivered, and gasped a bit more.

"fuck..." I mumbled, and I heard him chortle a bit, his cold breath touching my skin.

I melted into him, and soon enough my legs were wrapped around his waist, my back pressed firmly against the wall, and my arms around his neck, hands on his back. I felt him lick up my neck, then look me in the eyes and lick his lips. The look in his eye was lustful, hungry with desire. It was slightly intimidating, no wait, very intimidating. 

But I fucking love it.

A small whimper left my mouth, and my head flung backwards, hitting the wall. My breathing had gotten heavier, and I could tell he was enjoying toying with me. And again, I can't lie, it's fantastic.

Malfoy you pervert.