Chapter 36: Harry Slow Down

Epona's POV:

I was standing in the hallway, chatting with a girl I had just met. Her name is Cassia, but she prefers to go by Cassie. And hot damn was she a flirt. I was originally talking with Ginny after I intercepted her in the halls, but she had to get to class. 

Now, I'm being flirted with and I have no idea how to respond because my face just keeps getting redder and I feel myself at a loss for words, becoming very flustered.

Footsteps came bounding towards us, and we turned out heads. It was Harry, sprinting to me, and my eyes widened. I braced for impact when he skidded to a stop.

"Effie!" He panted, "We need to talk. Sorry..." He looked towards Cassia.

"Cassia." She replied.

"Sorry, Cassia, but this is private. Um, twin things." He spoke as quickly as he could while still breathing heavily.

"Alright." She winked at me, "I'll see you later, cutie." She walked away.

Harry just grabbed my shoulders, "E-Effie I saw him...and they talked about me....and you! He wants to kill you to get me. H-He...I-I, You need to hide!"

I cut him off, confused, "Who, Harry?"

He looked me directly in the eyes, and they were filled with extreme worry, "Voldemort." He breathed.

My eyes widened, "B-But why me? I-I'm not special like you, Harry!" I cried.

He nodded furiously, "What are you talking about!? You're a pyromancer without even trying, Effie! No doubt the same person who put my name in the Goblet has kept their eye on you too! You're powerful, Efs. I-I can't have you get hurt. You have to stay away from everyone...Especially the third task. I can't let you come."

I pulled him into a tight hug, then grabbed his shoulders when I pulled away, "No! We're in this together, Harry. I promised to have your back and you promised to have mine. No matter what happens, I'm not going to back down over stupid threats. We can do this, Harry."

He looked so scared, "N-No we can't, Effie. I-I-"

"Don't even say that! We survived once, and we can do it again! I'm not going to let myself or you get murdered on my watch."

I held out my hand in front of me, my arm bent like we were going to arm wrestle. We perfected the 'bro-handshake' over the summer. But we both found that name stupid, so now its the 'GNS'. That stands for the gender-neutral shake. Because we are including people.

He smiled and grabbed my hand, "But seriously, don't come to my third task."

I laughed, "Just because you said that, I'm definitely going to come. And with your greatest enemy; Draco Malfoy."

He gasped dramatically, "No! Not the demon!"

I laughed more, "What can I say? I like demons."

"I also don't approve of the other guy. I don't know his name, I really don't care. He doesn't deserve you. He's an imbecile who can't tell that his face shatters mirrors." Harry said.

I smiled, "I'm going to act like you didn't say that about my boyfriend."

"You cannot ignore the truth, Effie!" He yelled jokingly, and I laughed.

He then paused, "Anyways, we should tell Dumbledore. About what I saw." He said, and I nodded.

When we got to his office, Harry started getting angry because he couldn't remember the password. He even kicked the stone gargoyle. His foot must be in pain. We finally got it to open up, and we walked inside.