Chapter 21: Oh...Okay...

Epona's POV:

I was kicked out of the room after Moody came in and told everyone Harry had to compete. It was odd, though. How he phrased what he said about someone else putting in Harry's name. Like they wanted to kill him. 

Moody made me think less of that it was someone else, rather than he was talking from the heart and trying to play it off as something other than what it was. I could be wrong, though. I don't exactly have the best instincts seeing as I light a lot of stuff on fire when I'm nervous.

"Hey, Effie!" Phineas smiled and walked up to me.

"H-hey, Phineas..." I forced a smile.

"I saw your text." He started, and with a trying-to-be-sad look he said, "I know you wanted me to keep our relationship quiet until you were comfortable, but I already told my friends. And you know how much they talk." He laughed.

I felt my heart drop, "O-Oh..."

"You don't mind though, right? There's nothing to be uncomfortable with. Just two attractive people going out." He stated.

I nodded, "Yeah.. Of course..." My tone was hushed. 

I then felt an arm wrap around my shoulder, "Hey, we're gonna work on another outfit. You can tag along if you want, Phineas." 

I leaned in close to August. I don't know if he knew I wasn't feeling good, or the timing was just convenient, but I was thankful. I didn't want to be alone.

We made out way back to the Ravenclaw tower, and I started to loosen up. The idea of dating Phineas wasn't so bad. I mean, he is kinda attractive if I think about it. Then, as August and I were working, August asked.

"So, Effie, what's your type?" He smiled.

"What?"

Draco's POV:

Word spread quickly to me about Epona's boyfriend. I punched a hole through the common room wall. I was now wandering through the halls, sick to my stomach with anger. God damn Phineas....

I bumped into someone, "Watch where you're going." I growled.

I realized it was August, who sent something to me. An audio message. He said, "Look, I don't really like you since you scare me, but I just thought you would want to hear this. Do what you want with it, man."

He walked away afterwards and I played the recording.

It was Epona's voice:

"You know, what do you find hot in a guy? Like physical and personality." August asked.

There was a pause, "Hm...I would have to say he has light blonde hair, light eyes that aren't exactly blue brown or green, palish skin, with some features being a bit sharp and others not so much. He's kinda like cold and mean, a bit arrogant, but if you know him well, he's like a cinnamon roll. Also though, kinda tough and would have my back if I needed him."

Phineas whined, "What about me?"

I could almost feel Epona smile as she spoke, "Well, you come second! Everyone can have their fantasy person that isn't real! That doesn't mean I don't think you're cute!"

 I felt my heart pound in my chest. I looked over to August who had stopped in the hallway. He smiled at me knowingly, then continued to walk away. I just stood there. Did she just describe me...? 

Yet that bastard thinks he can just take her away? Well he has another thing coming. I put my phone in my pocket and walked down the hall. I ignored Pansy and Blaise as they tried to get my attention and met Phineas in the hallway.

He had a smug look on his face as he saw me, "Oh, hey, Malfoy-"I grabbed his shirt and shoved his against the wall.

The look never left his face. It pissed me off even more, "Drop the act. Break up with Epona."

He just laughed, "You do realize that anything you do will just make it worse for her?"

"What are you talking about?" I growled.

"Well, if you try to tell her I'm a horrible person, she'll not believe you and think you're just trying to make her lonely. If she does believe you, well, people will talk. If you make her hang out with you more than me, well, rumors spread like wildfire, don't they. You wouldn't want the cutie to have a reputation as a cheating slut, now would you? Unless you really don't care for her, I suggest you back off."

God fucking damn it...He's right. The manipulative bastard is right. If I do anything it'll turn out bad for Epona. He put me in a situation where he knows only he wins.

He slipped out of my grasp and just smirked, "How does it feel being second, Malfoy?"

He started walking away, but turned around and said, "Oh, and, stay away from my girlfriend if you care about her, m'kay? Thanks buddy."

I balled my fist and dug my nails into my hand. 

I hate being backed into a corner. I should get them to break up no matter what happens. WHy should I care what people think of  Epona when she'd be mine? Except she's not mine.

She's a person. She's a living being with thoughts and emotions and you don't own her. That'd make me just as low as him.  Sure, I'm a scumbag and treat most people like shit, because they are, but I don't think anybody is anyone elses' property.

That's even fucked up by my standards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, sorry for the short chapter, I wanted to catch up on some sleep and work. The next one will be longer

Until Next Time, Byeeee!