Chapter 85: The Battle of the Ministry Part One

Hey, my dudes, little authors note, I've tried to keep it as close to the original books/movies as possible, but I also wanted to have some fun with it (have more drama and thriller esque scenes) so, i hope you enjoy :)

Also, I actually just finished writing my first ever book, and am looking to get it published soon! It's a mystery thriller, and I'm super excited. I'll have it digitally published and hopefully on shelves one day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seven teens ran through the dark stone halls of the Minsitry, racing against time and evil. Down they went to the Department of Mysteries, and the dark steel door stared at them from the other side. The hallway felt like it went on forever, growing longer the more Effie stared at it.

She could barely hear her own thoughts, as the only thing that mattered was the mission.

"This is it," Harry said as they crept out of the elevator.

The gargoyles up above taunted them as the shuffled in a group towards the door. All of them were on high alert, and very paranoid. Even if they were brave and confident, they were still just kids.

At last they entered the eerie room, lighting it only with their wands. Inside were countless orbs and the cobwebs that coated them.

The hair stood up on Effie's neck and she gulped, gripping her wand tightly in her hand. Quickly, the walked up the aisles, counting the rows.

"92, 93," Harry sped ahead of the others , Effie next to him as he panted, unable to control his nervous breathing, "95..."

Harry stopped dead in his tracks, and Effie stared at the ground. Her brother turned to look at the others, the disbelief rising in his voice, "It should be here."

"Harry?" Neville looked up towards one of the high shelves, "That's got your name on it."

The others looked towards the glowing orb, and Effie couldn't help but feel as though something was wrong. Harry inched towards it, staring deeply into its hazy glow. His hand reached up, and he took a glimpse at his friends

He made eye contact with Effie, who made no sign of stopping him, and he exhaled quietly. He picked it up, and as he held it in his hand, Trelawneys voice echoed out of it:

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches. And the Dark Lord shall mark him as his equal, but he shall have power the Dark Lord knows not. For neither can live while the other survives..."

There was a low wind, and Hermione yelled, "Harry! Effie!"

The twins rushed over to the group, holding their wands out in front of them protectively.

In front of them was a figure in a black cloak, with a golden mask hiding their face. Effie felt the panic rise in body, as everything in her screamed that something was wrong; that this person was here to do more than hurt them.

The figure took a step towards them, their footsteps echoing against the stone. They continued forwards, and Effie gulped, the question Harry asked right on the tip of her tongue.

"Where's Sirius?" Harry raised his voice in an attempt to seem powerful and calm, but you could hear the fear, clear as day.

The figure kept walking towards them, and in a low voice said, "You know, you should really learn to tell the difference between dreams..." And as the figure reached for their wand, Effie knew exactly who it was, and it made her want to throw up.

He flicked the wand out with grace, and swept it across his face, and the mask disappeared, revealing none other than Lucius Malfoy, "And reality."

He continued towards them as he spoke, "You only saw what the Dark Lord wanted you to see. Now hand me the prophecy."