Chapter 84: Are You Kidding??

Effie sat up, staring at Draco, bewildered, "What?"

He looked back at her, putting his hands gently on her face, "I know you guys got off on the wrong foot but I think this is important."

"Draco, do you remember what hap-" Effie stopped herself.

She didn't want to see Cedric's dead body in her mind more than she already did. And she didn't want to hear Draco's fathers voice. All she could see was him standing there in that cloak, torturing her and her brother.

"I know that my parents are dicks and honestly just shitty in general but please," He pleaded to her, "Please come have dinner over the summer. Just one meal and you'll never have to see them again."

She didn't understand why he was so desperate. He was looking at her with such an expression that she would've thought this was a life or death scenario. Everything in her told her to say no, to not step foot into that house. To not look in his fathers eyes and talk to him.

"Fine. But that means you'll have to have dinner with  the Weasleys and me," Effie smiled, "After all, they're the closest people I have to parents anyway."

He scoffed, avoiding eye contact for a moment, but then he sighed and caved, "Okay, that sounds fair enough. But they hate me over there."

Effie kissed him gently, smiling against his lips, "Well, when they see the real you like I do then they'll absolutely adore you, too."

That statement sent butterflies throughout his body. He didn't know why, but the thought of people loving him made him feel good. There was only one problem.

People like him and people like them don't get along. And they never will, right?:

"Those are the Weasleys, son. Don't interact with them," Lucius told his young son, who just looked at him confused.

"But why? Aren't they witches and wizards like us, though?" A little Draco asked, and his father scowled coldly at him.

"Yes, but our kind doesn't get along with their kind. They're no good scum. They may as well be Mudbloods," Lucius then leaned down to look his son in the eyes, "And they think you are worthless and weak as well. Nothing will ever change that."

Epona sat on her bed alone. The lights were off and her roommates weren't back yet. It was just before dinner, after all, so it's expected that they'd hang out before curfew.

Her head hurt, and she found herself clutching it. Even after two advil and a magical visit to Madam Pomfrey, it still hurt. So the doctor suggested she get some rest. That perhaps her body was still getting used to being used.

Part if her was skeptical. Why would her body still be used to getting used? It had been over a year since she had woken up. She had done plenty of things since then. She had even mastered fire magic.

It had to be The Woman. She hadn't thought about The Woman for a while, not since winter break. But her headaches were getting increasingly worse since then.

That was when she recieved a text from Harry:

Meet us in the common room at midnight.

She looked at her phone, confused. Did he really mean it? Was today the day? Should she really be going with them? After all, why would they want her?

"So, Epona Potter, are you going to go?" A voice asked from behind her and she smiled, knowing who it was.

Epona shrugged, "I'm not sure, I mean, I don't know what it's about."

Lucinda smiled, "I think you do know what its about. They're going to go try to put an end to it all."

"Then Sirius will be there," She mentioned, and Lucinda's eyes widened a bit. Effie smiled, "Hey, what if I do a binding spell and bind your soul to me so that you could see him again?"

Something flickered in the ghosts eyes. She started to smile, "You'd do that for me?"

Epona nodded, "Of course. It's only fair that you get to see each other. I know he loves you too."

Lucinda smiled, "If you could do that, then I'll owe you one, Epona. It would mean the world to me."

"Then lets give you the world. After all, if anyone's worth it, its you two."