Chapter 18: What Do You Want?

Epona's POV:

I followed the crowd after eating and found myself in the far back. I groaned. Of course I have to be short in a sea of tall people. I fidgeted with the chain on my skirt. I had noticed people were now wearing the uniforms I designed, and I felt a sense of pride. Of course, though, the one person I wanted to wear hadn't.

I had saw Harry earlier just to see that he, in fact, was wearing the original Hogwarts uniform. I scoffed at myself. Why would he ever want to wear something so stupid? My designs probably weren't good enough...I'm not good enough...

"Hey, Epona." I heard the cold voice call from behind me. 

I turned around to see Draco wearing the new uniform. The earring and everything. I felt myself gulp as I noticed what he'd done to it. He had unbutton the first three or four buttons so you could see most of his chest, and had rolled up the sleeves. I felt my cheeks get hot. He smirked and ran his hand through his hair.

"What do you think, darling?" He purred as he approached.

"I-It looks perfect on you!" I looked down at my feet when my cheeks got hotter, "I-I see you're wearing the earring."

He put his finger under my chin, holding my chin up, still smirking at me, "Of course I am. It adds to my masterpiece of a body."

I laughed a bit. "You're so full of yourself."

He pretended to think, "Hm, you're right. Your point is?"

I just laughed more, putting my hand up to my mouth to cover my laugh as the teachers walked by.

We went back inside, and I talked with Draco the whole time. We walked back to the Slytherin table, and I sat down on Draco's right. Though I stopped talking when the students from Durmstrangs sat down at our table. Most people were fawning over this one guy. I stared at him for a moment, then recognized his as the guy on Ron's poster. Viktor Krum or something was his name. 

I noticed him staring back, and I quickly looked away. Oof, that was awkward. Draco put his arm around me protectively, pulling me closer to him, and a little bit behind out of Krums view. I wonder why. Maybe he was staring at my skin. I wouldn't blame him. It is the ugliest thing ever.

I heard someone mutter something, which I assume it was Krum, and then the room hushed as Dumbledore started speaking. Blah Blah Blah - Eat. That I could do. 

I felt awfully hungry, and I started eating a lot. I made sure to avoid certain foods, specifically ones with too much meat. It made me uncomfortable thinking about eating another sentient being. With thoughts and emotions, and that could feel.... I shivered at the thought of it. I snuggled more into Draco's sweatshirt, which he didn't seem to want back. 

Now, this might sound odd, but it smelled like him. It was a nice smell. Like, a soft citrus and mint, with a bit of a subtle cologne. It was comforting for some reason. Makes me feel nice inside. 

Blah Blah Blah, more talking and an age limit. I feel like I should be more excited about this tournament thing, but honestly, I just want to design more clothes. Though, I could pay attention for inspiration....Yes! That's what I'll do!

Todays saturday, and I groaned as I felt someone shake me. I threw out my hand and growled.

"let me sleeppppp.....goddammit..." I said into my pillow, so it came out as a muffled growl.

"Get your ass out of bed, Potter. Us girls are going to have a good time. Since you've never gossiped and spilled secrets before, I thought I would invite you." I could feel Pansy's evil grin.

I moved my head to face her, "What are you planning? I really don't want any drama this early in the morning. Wait until at least after lunch."

She sighed loudly, and dragged me out of bed. I fell onto the floor "Ack!" I yelled as I crashed into the ground.

I straightened my tank top. Ugh. I went into my drawer and put on a t-shirt and Draco's hoodie over top.

I sat down on my bed, with Pansy on hers, and the other girls on theirs. They had started talking, and then the conversation took a turn, and landed on me.

"So, Potter, what's going on between you and Malfoy?" One of the girls asked, and the rest leaned in, wanting to hear the juicy news.

I raised an eyebrow, still waking up. The blankets and the warmth of my bed was calling to me. But I resisted the urge because who knows what type of curses these girls will put on me if I don't answer them, "Nothing? We're just friends."

"You don't look like just friends." Pansy said.

"Yeah, he acts so differently around you." 

"Mhm. Are you friends with benefits?" 

I blinked twice in confusion, "What does that mean?"

Pansy rolled her eyes, "It means are you friends who make out and do other stuff?"

I cringed backwards, my face getting hot, "WHAT? No way! I've never even kissed anyone before, much less done anything more! I've never even thought about it!" 

The girls giggled, and Pansy wiggled her eyebrows, "Your face says otherwise, Potter. You're bad at lying. Unless you're lying to yourself too."

I sighed, and pulled the hood over my head, "Not like he would like me anyways..."

For a moment I felt the looks of pity on the girls faces, and I got irritated, "Oh please. Don't pretend like you care about me. My first day here you told me I should be dead. Honestly, I'm tired of it. I don't need any of you insulting me about my skin, or telling me that Draco's just using me for whatever gross things you want to think about. So if you would all just shut up and leave me alone, I'd appreciate it. I'm going back to bed."

I threw the blankets back on me, and heard the girls leave them room grumbling. I snuggled into Draco's hoodie and felt tears fall from my eyes. I'm so stupid...

I don't even know what my own feelings are. I don't know how I feel about Draco. Why is everyone pressuring to me to know who I am and know exactly how I feel? Should I know? Am I just stupid?

Draco probably doesn't like me even if I did like him. He just probably thinks he has to look out for me. 

I just cried for a little bit in  my bed until I felt my eyelids get heavy and I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi, people! So, like I promised, i have the hufflepuff drawing. When I made it, I forgot to draw the plaid on Augusts shirt, so yeah. Just pretend it's plaid. Also messed up on his hand- Please don't mind that.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed

Until Next Time Byeee!